[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this shit is super easy for you guys, but for me it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 20151220_014459.jpg (94 KB, 864x554) Image search: [Google]
20151220_014459.jpg
94 KB, 864x554
I know this shit is super easy for you guys, but for me it's the worst thing in the world. I didn't learn shit in highschool and now I am applying to college and I'm realizing I needed to know all that shit.

Been watching YT videos and made these assignments. Please tell me if I did good and where I fucked up.
>>
>>7732027
College?
Bedoel je MBO of zo?
>>
>>7732034
Ik heb MBO4 gedaan, daar eigenlijk niets uitgevreten. Nu ik richting het buitenland wil en SAT's moet maken realiseer ik me pas hoeveel kennis ik mis. Dus studeren dan maar.
>>
what the fuck college needs your maths skills to be on par with a 16 year olds
>>
>>7732038
Ik denk dat je beter een zakjapanner of wolfram alpha om hulp kan vragen
Succes met wat je wil gaan doen iig
>>
> ITT: OP fucked up and is bettering his life, asks help and everybody goes asshole on him.

Welcome to /sci/ OP.
>>
what is [math] \sqrt{256} : 4^2 [/math]?
>>
>>7732052
I figured 1?

16:16 = 1 right?
>>
>>7732052
oh it's division, i've never seen that symbol used for division
>>
>>7732027
mental math?
rekenregels sounds cute
>>
>>7732055
Ah, it should be a slash right? It must be a stupid Dutch thing.
>>
>>7732057
rekenregels means order of oprations
the language is dutch
>>
>>7732059
I guess it really doesn't matter what symbol you use, but the slash is the short form of writing [math]\frac{\sqrt{256}}{4^2}[/math]
>>
>>7732068
Alright, then I just learned another thing. Thanks.
>>
>>7732027
That is very easy math and should not take you long at all to learn. I have faith in you OP.
>>
>>7732075
Thanks, I am getting a hang of it. I learned it all before so it shouldn't be hard to learn. I need to take the US SAT in january, so I'm going to have to.
>>
File: 20151220_022810.jpg (117 KB, 1032x624) Image search: [Google]
20151220_022810.jpg
117 KB, 1032x624
Alright guys, can you tell me if I did good?
>>
How do I get from hypergeometric distribution, which gives me a probability to the number of pssibilities (like combination or permutation gives)?
>>
>>7732106
i should be 64, not -64. The rest looks right.
>>
Most of em are good. found one mistake.
>>
>>7732106
As an A-level maths student, this looks very easy.
>>
>>7732133
This would look difficult for the average garbage man. What's your point?

By the way, garbage man are more useful to society than mathematicians.
>>
>>7732133
Are you >>7731438 ?
>>
>>7732140
No.
>>
>>7732133
Do you go to your family's funeral and find an opportunity to tell people you have an A in your math class?
>>
>>7732059
In Germany we use the ":" as well... when you're at like middle school.
Normally you're supposed to write divisions as fractions or else you can have cases where the order of operations is confusing.
As for your OP post, I don't think it's really expected to be able to solve that crap yourself, you'd just use a calculator. But if you have to do it by hand, do it step by step. But then there's crap like the square root of 121 times the square root of 169. I'm actually surprised I can remember the root of those numbers by heart, but if you don't know them you pretty much have to guess and that's annoying.
>>
>>7732202
Lmao I don't think that's what he means by A-level
>>
>>7732052
>>7732055
Have you not heard of ratios?
>>
>>7732027

tha fuck this is elementary school math ??? !
>>
>>7732302
I think early middle school.
>>
>>7732055
Usually the colin is represented as format to describe ratios such as "There ratio between boys to girls is 3 to 1 (3:1)" and so forth. Since ratios relate to division in terms of proportions, such that you can compare two numbers. Since the square root of 256 is 16 and 4 squared is also 16, therefore there is a 1:1 ratio between the two numbers and the answer is 1.
>>
>>7732027
Khan academy, bro. I was in a similar situation.
>>
>>7733012
This. Khan is extremely helpful for math, although it will depend on your major. If you are doing STEM it will only go for like the first year, but most others it should be more than you need. Regardless, it will help you tremendously with the level of math you are doing right now, plus if you have trouble there are videos for just about every type of problem. Good luck!

Also don't listen to people saying you're an idiot or whatever. Everyone has different aptitudes, and if you are behind on your maths you can always catch up.
>>
What's so difficult about this for you OP?
>>
>>7733827
I'm pretty sure Khan covers multivariable calc, and differential equations which are second year courses, and they're looking to keep expanding the math section too.
>>
>>7733867
>Not having mandatory Diffy Q's course in first semester

Non-STEM cucks need to get the fuck out of my /sci/
>>
>>7733895
No fucking university in my country offers mandatory diffy que course in first semester you sperg lord.
>>
>>7733895
>Not starting with real analysis and taking Diff Eqs when you know what the fuck is happening
>>
>>7732048
yep
>>
File: slippery_cat.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
slippery_cat.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
Nice mee mee
>>
>>7733902
dude, if you aren't making your list of courses by concatenating the learning outcomes, and comparing them to online courses available that may be multidisciplinary, then I have bad news for your son. 99 niggas doing your job better in africa
>>
>>7732106
Is g (75/25)*5 or 75/(25*5) ?
>>
>>7733902
>>7733902
You can get your calc courses out of the way before you even go to college. I had one girl in my Calc III class who took calc AB in highschool and was able to skip the first two semesters.
Hell, I had a high schooler in my fucking calc III course.

Of course, it's not the big deal that some like to make it out to be. Going to college fresh out of highschool and getting your degree in 4 years is a fucking meme, especially if you have to take out loans to do it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.