[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw C+ in Orgo I I'm never going to get into pharmacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1442732008795.jpg (18 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
1442732008795.jpg
18 KB, 284x339
>tfw C+ in Orgo I
I'm never going to get into pharmacy school am I?
Why is this dumb class so fucking annoying? I can't even imagine how hard Orgo II is going to ass rape me.
>>
>>7731820
Why pharmacy if you don't like ochem?
>>
>>7731944
I like pharmacology and biochem. I just hate the useless mechanism bullshit of orgo and stuffing 16 chapters on one exam.
>>
iktf lad

>B- in Ochem
>As in Physical and Analytical chem

it's literally just applying logic to dumb trends, and then getting ass raped on tests because there's SPECIAL cases that override your previous logic

fucking hated the class
>>
>>7731978
>SPECIAL cases that override your previous logic
Fuck this shit
They don't teach you theory in undergrad orgo, so you're stuck memorizing a million different special mechanisms.
Mechanisms are stupid as fuck too. At least when you're doing a ton of math in Gen and physical chem there's a reason behind it.
What the fuck is a bunch of arrows supposed to accurately show? There's no way drawing mechanisms are accurate representations of what happens at the molecular levels.
Computer simulations are much more useful, but they can't take out the bullshit mechanisms because it would completely gut out this garbage class.
>>
>>7731820
C+ orgo 1, A- orgo 2. Hopefully I get into med school idk
>>
>>7732080
You got this bro
I'm gonna dedicate this winter break to fucking memorizing the PCAT.
I suggest you do the same for the MCAT
[spoiler]Enjoy wasting your youth in med school and residency[/spoiler]
>>
Ayyy pre-pharmacy myself. Got a B+ in Orgo 1, C in Orgo 2, and an A in the lab (considered a separate class). I mainly used Khan Academy for Orgo 1 and I would suggest finding a YouTube channel that better explains mechanisms for Orgo 2 (I don't know of any, thus the C).

For the PCAT I reviewed trends from Khan Academy and used the Kaplan book for review. Numerous people suggested Organic Chemistry as a Second Language and I'm still thinking about picking it up. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up for your classes too. There won't be any difficult mechanisms on the exam and I remember mainly determining what kind of a reaction occurred (redox, dehydration, etc).

Best of luck! I think one C on a transcript is fine (just no C-). I really enjoyed biochem so just tough out these next two courses then you'll finally have some fun.
>>
>>7732156
dude idgaf about wasting my youth i'll be 24 when i graduate med school
just wanna rake in that upper middle class cash u feel
but same i gotta freaking go HAM on this mcat over winter break
we got this
>>
>>7731978
You should've learned the special cases then faggot instead of complaining

I hate whining faggots like OP

>bawww the class is too hard why is it so hard
>why am i so stupid
git gud and stop spreading your misery at your ineptness around, you insufferable faggot
>>
>>7732156
That's actually the reason why I decided to get a M.S in bioinformatics. That and my GPA was a 2.8
>>
>>7731820
pharmacist == failed doctor
>>
>>7732172
Different, Anon, man I had fun in Orgo. I treated that shit like one giant puzzle.
>>
>C+
i thought you were programming in orgo , i feel autistic
>>
>>7732173
lol my major rn is bioinformatics
hate it so much, might as well rename it BLAST
>>
>>7732225
can't be all that bad.
>>
>>7731820
where is that fucking penguin from?
>>
>>7732229
It's the absolute worst, it's why I got a C+ in Orgo first semester and then got an A- second semester
1st semester I had to take Data Structures, hardest Computer Science class at my university (bioinformatics are forced to take this gay class as well) while taking Orgo
I go to the most notoriously grade deflating school on the East Coast though so hopefully Med schools take that into account
>>
>>7732204
Switch to C=+
>>
>>7732236
I hope that's not the case for me then. I'm about to work for Novartis, and still deciding down the line if I want to do this Bioinformatics thing or go for dentistry.
>>
>>7731820
If you are getting a C+ in fucking orgo I of all things then you're not cut out for a medical career

Consider switching to nursing
>>
>>7732273
nice meme
>>
>>7732172
i'd rather actually do something intuitive then memorize a bunch of garbage

good thing pchem reignited my love for chem
>>
>>7732285
*than
fuck
>>
>>7732287
It's too late now, anon. The mistake is made. The damage is done.
>>
File: 1358819044376.png (87 KB, 203x191) Image search: [Google]
1358819044376.png
87 KB, 203x191
You know a class is shit when people are using flashcards to study for it. Got an A, but despised Organic. Don't feel so bad, OP. Undergrad Organic is absolute nonsense. The only people who like it are cucks and retards that can't do the math for higher level Chemistry.
>>
>>7732285
It gets intuitive and actually really logical once you learn how it all works, all the trends and generalizations you missed out on in the rush to memorize seemingly unrelated things. I didn't really understand until I took 3rd and then 4th year, really got into Huckel MO theory and all that... in retrospect, 2nd year orgo seems really easy.
>>
A- A A- A A orgo 1, 2, biochem, p chem, inorganic master race reporting in

Fight me faggots
>>
I got a C+ in orgo 1, and I am currently in a chem PhD program.
>>
>>7732236
What school? I didn't get a single curve on any of my Orgo exams, despite schools like Columbia and Yale have huge curves on their orgo classes.
>>
File: 1448608460196.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1448608460196.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
How the fuck are you all so retarded?
I landed A+ in both orgo I and II, and had >100% on orgo II. I can definitively say it's the easiest of all intro chemistry courses

>literally memorising anything
Wanna know how I know you don't understand shit?

God I hate you fuckers, blaming the professor or the material instead of accepting your inadequacy. Just git gud. What's your explanation for people like me? Cheating? Autistic savants? I don't think I'm that special, no one did as well as I did but there were a handful who also did really well.
>>
>>7732167
My GPA at the time of application is hopefully going to be a 3.38-3.42 (depending on how well I do on orgo 2)
Hopefully with a ~90 on the PCAT I should have a decent application.
>>7732169
Except you wont be 24, you'll be 27 (assuming you fuck your life up and end up doing Internal medicine) with >500k in debt. Enjoy.
>>7732193
I don't see how that's the case when I'm 26 and making 6 figures doing basically nothing.
>>7732325
I can see how you can say that, but the class is full of bullshit exceptions that you have to memorize. Drawing mechanisms is the biggest bullshit I've ever had to go through.
>>
>>7732368
>le Ochem has no memorization meme!

Got As in both semesters. Undergrad Ochem definitely is trend based and logical up to a certain point, where you do have to memorize. What community college did you take it at? That's how it was here at UCLA. It's a terrible class and everyone hates it, including the Chem majors.
>>
>>7732361
RPI, no curves.
>>7732369
>Except you wont be 24, you'll be 27 (assuming you fuck your life up and end up doing Internal medicine) with >500k in debt. Enjoy.
What? I'm a 19 year old college junior. I'll be 24 when I graduate. Also, internal medicine has an average salary of $185k. That's more than enough. 500k is a really exaggerated number.
Do you realize how hard it is to become a doctor in the US?
>>
>>7732372
I do, and that's why I'm doing pharmacy.
Do you keep up with health care at all though?
Internists are being rapidly replaced with PAs and NPs. It's a quickly dieing specialty. People say the same about pharmacy but at least they still have some kind of a niche.
Pretty much anything an internist can do a PA can do for only 80-90k a year. Which salary do you think a hospital would rather pay.
>>7732368
You're literally autistic if you enjoyed the garbage that is undergrad orgo. The class only exists to weed out premeds.
>>
File: 1450585725882.png (11 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1450585725882.png
11 KB, 5000x2571
>>7732368
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
>>7732385
>Which salary do you think a hospital would rather pay.
It's not about wanting to hire MD's, it's about NEEDING to hire MD's. The U.S. is facing an artificial shortage of doctors, it's why medicine is still so lucrative.
Do you keep up with health care nigga?
https://www.aamc.org/advocacy/campaigns_and_coalitions/fixdocshortage/
>>
>>7732172
this.
>>
>>7731820
That's what you get for not going Math or Physics.

You know, something that's actually hard and isn't rote memorisation.
>>
ochem shills are out in full force
>>
>>7732396
>Implying that's the case in any of the big cities
Hospitals are closing left and right here in NYC anon.
Just dont be a kek and go into surgery or something. Sure you'll be living in the hospital 24/7 but at least you'll have a job.
Oh, it would do you good NEVER to believe a word that the AMA or the AAMC says.
They're a bunch of Jews only concerned with lining their pockets.
If they truely cared about all the rural areas that are in deprespirate need of Family Physicians and Internists, then they would have agreed to opening up new med schools and passing that scholarship that made it easy to become an FP.
But they refused for the sole purpose of "maintaining salaries".
>>
OP is a stupid fuck

Consider suicide
>>
>tfw C+, B- in analytical chem 1 and 2
>tfw C, B+ in organic chem 1 and 2
>tfw A+ in physchem, quantum chem and calc 1-3

I feel like my grade distribution on my audit literally shows how autistic I am. I also dont know how I fucked up analytical chem so hard, its basically highschool tier baby level chemistry.
>>
>>7731820
undergrad ochem is barely science
>>
>>7732369
>I'm 26 and making 6 figures doing basically nothing.
Please don't go into the medical field, if all you care about is money. It's bad enough the peers I had who wanted to do medicine knew absolutely fucking nothing and tried to leech off me, or others.
>>
>>7732372
Well considering ever poo in the loo has a PhD it can't be that hard
>>
>>7733381
It be many things
Diversity
or Americans are shit at education and lack discipline.
>>
>>7732193
The school sucks, but being paid outrageous sums of money to sit on one's ass and roll pills all day pretty much anywhere one chooses is worth it.
>>
>>7731820
pharmacy == medicine == learning telephone books by rote.
don't do it, retard. just study chemistry and manufacture and sell lsd.
>>
I got an A-/B in organic chemistry. It honestly wasn't that hard. I think what made me lose points was not memorizing certain reagents in the multiple choice part of the test. Most of it was fairly straight forward "draw the mechanism" and stuff.
>>
lolwut that shit was easy

all this undeserved hype thanks to these fucking pre-meds.... s my h famm
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.