[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Earth Goes Dark & it's 73 on Xmas.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: vlcsnap-2014-08-27-10h54m30s66.png (353 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-08-27-10h54m30s66.png
353 KB, 640x480
/sci/
is this possible? I hear it every year and wonder if this is ever going to happen?

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2015/12/alert-earth-will-go-dark-for-8-days-in-december-2015-2495082.html

It's now the 17, yesterday was sunny and shit, it's 2AM and it's raining here in GA. Tomorrow? Sunny. So like whats the dealioh and why the shit do they think this is going to happen? In the comment section they contradict everything being said.
Also, why the hell is my Christmas going to be 73F. Can someone explain that shit to me?
>>
Get the fuck back to >>>/x/ faggot
>>
> The explosions will cause the Sun’s surface temperature to increase to 9,000 degrees Kelvin in an instant.
>degrees Kelvin

opinion discarded

who the hell wrote this bullshit, it sounds like something out of a kids action novel
>>
File: Hughe Laury.png (506 KB, 630x381) Image search: [Google]
Hughe Laury.png
506 KB, 630x381
>>7726511
>http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2015/12/alert-earth-will-go-dark-for-8-days-in-december-2015-2495082.html

>degrees Kelvin
it's just a typo. He meant degrees kevin
>>
>>7726499
how is this an /x/ thread when I'm asking a science question?
>>
>>7726527
Sorry, not possible. Its complete shit written by someone with less than zero understanding of how stars work, probably adapted from some 7 year olds creative writing homework
>>
>>7726527
it's not worth discussing. there's no credibility to the article.

1. the separation between jupiter and venus is only apparent from earth. our position relative to the rest of the solar system should have no significance to predicting events

2. why would the apparent brightness of venus relative to jupiter cause jupiter to emit gases?

3. why are these gases directed at the sun? sure some of it would hit us directly causing more problems, since supposed this gas is super heated and traveling near the speed of light

4. the gas would be ionized and dispersed long before it reached the 'surface' of the sun

5. the sun wouldn't 'know' if it's surface temperature was magically cooled by an outside source. the heat is a byproduct of the fusion being balanced by gravity

TL:DR astrology isn't science, why are you bringing it up on a science board?
>>
>>7726530
(._. )
I'm sorry anon, I didn't know.

>>7726533
>TLDR
I honestly thought it was. So is Astrology/Meteor stuff just heresy and actual science? I'm sorry, I don't goto the science board that much, and thought I would ask here.
>>
Not actually science*
>>
>>7726574
Astronomy is legit, astrology is pseudo-science
>>
>>7726511
>>degrees Kelvin

Occasionally you will see degrees Kelvin or even degrees absolute in old literature.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.