[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this possible given enough time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (27 KB, 876x837) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
27 KB, 876x837
is this possible given enough time?
>>
>>7725708
that depends

are you a demon?

and do you know a mr. maxwell?
>>
>>7725708
haha like what the balls to float to the same color lol? i mean I would guess because infinity exists and an alternate dimensional reality could exist where the balls even turn into little cubes haha
>>
>>7725708
With 10 balls you wouldn't even have to wait that long.
>>
>>7725708
Quantum tunneling
>>
File: Morpheus_matrix.jpg (28 KB, 628x471) Image search: [Google]
Morpheus_matrix.jpg
28 KB, 628x471
>>7725742
what if i told you there weren't any balls?
>>
>>7725708
it you were to put it in a sealed box, with no way to measure it, it would already be happening, and it wouldn't
>>
>>7725749
This made my day a little bit better, thanks anon
>>
>>7725708
Yes
>>
>>7726146
But i thought second law was that you cant do this because extracting free work ornentropy or something
>>
>>7725708
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_demon

time will not exist for an infinite amount of time.
you can calculate the probability that something like this would happen, and it's many magnitudes of order larger than the age of the universe. Practically it cannot happen.
>>
>>7726188
>time will not exist for an infinite amount of time
Did i miss some discovery or something? Could you elaborate on this?
>>
>>7726198
since it's related to the topic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe

when the metric expansion of space becomes sufficiently large, none of the energy left in the universe will be usable. this is a state of maximum entropy. because of this, there will be no way to measure the change in state of any system in this universe (including the universe as a whole if it were possible) at which point, time loses meaning.
>>
It is possible, but it is not likely given the circumstances.
>>
>>7726209
Well if that is the case, there will also be no way to measure space as well, so are you saying there will be no space too?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.