[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which branches of Physics/Math can solve the existential problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: the ssa man.jpg (14 KB, 230x307) Image search: [Google]
the ssa man.jpg
14 KB, 230x307
Which branches of Physics/Math can solve the existential problems and is being 19 years old too old to get into science?
>>
the large number of false vacua in string theory implies the anthropic principle
>>
lol no, you dont learn shit till post-undergrad anyways.
>>
>>7724977
You're not wrong. What is this guy thinking? most people don't start uni until they are 19
>>
you can only learn so much by reading/memorizing/studying shit from books and class

once you get to the point where you are starting to become more independent and conduct your own research, you will really start to take off

age doesnt really matter in academia, only motivation and creativity
>>
>>7724980
I forgot to add that im complete beginner and i will have to study minimum 1-2 year to be accepted in any uni.
>>
>>7724995
doesnt matter at all, age literally means dick.
its not uncommon at all to see people over 25 in 1st and 2nd year courses. many people get a second degree completely unrelated to their first as well, so no one cares about older people in classes, its completely normal.

all you need is motivation and hopefully some helpful direction. if you're interested in math/physics i'd suggest you initially apply for a major in physics, minor in math type of combination.

i don't know what you like, but to give you an idea of my undergrad lol:
biochem -> biology -> biochem -> chemistry

i switched so many times, took over 50 courses for a 40 year program, and finally ended up in chemistry, where i am finally happy.

it really helps to talk to academic counselors and advisors/professors though. it's something i didnt do until the very end, and it really would have saved me a lot of time and wasted courses.
>>
>>7725169
wats wrong with being happy?
>>
>>7724965
Lol 19. Might as well kill yourself old man.

6 year old math prodegy master race reporting in.
>>
>>7725555
Its just that it will probably take me way too long to learn highschool level math/physics from 0 while of most of the people at my age who are in college already know it.
>>
File: 1446103734328.jpg (85 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
1446103734328.jpg
85 KB, 500x442
>>7725603
that's stupid dude, of course there'll be people smarter than you. that never changes, regardless of where you are. Just focus on what you want. It's way more important to do what you want with your life
>>
>>7725603
dude at 19 you have all the time in the world. take a year off and smoke weed. you're fine. I'm not even kidding. nobody expects shit from you right now and ultimately you just have to read a handful of books in maths and you're more than ready to start university for anything you want
>>
>>7724965
>and is being 19 years old too old to get into science?
Lolwhat ? You think 15 years old fucks are into science because they read discovery junior at recess ? Wait until you get to university, and even there, first year you learn nothing, you just vomit your lessons
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.