[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i git gud at maths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: allalone.jpg (69 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
allalone.jpg
69 KB, 500x481
How do i git gud at maths
>>
>>7722407
Practice my friend. Do a lot of problems, and eventually you'll get the hang of it.
>>
>>7722407
Do the work.
>>
Do math as a hobby and try to discover some stuff on your own.
>>
>>7722407
It's just practice. Nothing to it really. Calculus is a breeze for me even though algebra was so hard when I was learning it in high school, mostly because I never did any homework. Also, look at proofs of different rules of different functions such as exponential logarithmic, and trigonometric functions to get a deeper understanding of what you're doing.
>>
File: 1449895918783.jpg (81 KB, 295x320) Image search: [Google]
1449895918783.jpg
81 KB, 295x320
>>7722438
This, my friend. Just keep practicing. Get some coffee, work your way up from what you know.
>>
Don't me female
>>
>>7722407
Understand the concept behind the equation.
>>
>>7722407
You should study maths as if it is your full time job, put in the hours and you'll develop a feeling for it and get used to the rigor.

>>7722517
Also this.
>>
File: 7743797435.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
7743797435.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
it depends on your skill level and your willingness to work hard problems

if you're just a baby, i suggest doing some introductory number theory proofs
if you're a baby but want a challenge, try some linear algebra proofs
if you're confident in your problem solving skills, try some introductory abstract algebra (i'd go with group theory first)
if you've got some linear algebra and abstract algebra down, move on to topology
if you're an elder-tier wizard, try some category theory

doing proofs will make you good at math
>>
>>7722749
Sorry for being a plebeian but what exactly do you mean by proofs (studied outside of the anglosphere)
>>
Math, unlike art, is 100% a skill. You can be a naturally talented artist but every mathematician has the same story. 1000's of hours of doing math to get great.
>>
What are some greats textbook for calculus?
Is limit important in calculus?
Im aiming to become an actuary if thats relevant
>>
>>7722517
I wasn't gonna you female anyway.
>>
>>7722517
Noether would like a word with you.
>>
>>7723151
there had to be ONE counterexample
>>
>>7722824
sorry, you will never be good at math
>>
>>7723151
Exceptions prove the rule, friend.
>>
>>7722839
/ic/ here. You can have an inclination toward art, but in the end it takes 1000s of hours of practice, same as anything else, unless you're into that abstract bullshit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.