[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do with unlimited energy, with the exception of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: standard_full.jpg (52 KB, 540x359) Image search: [Google]
standard_full.jpg
52 KB, 540x359
What would you do with unlimited energy, with the exception of exploiting it for money purposes?
>>
I can't even start to think about what free energy would mean for humanity.

AI, automation/robots and free energy. You could set up a base on the moon just for the fun of it.
>>
>>7722100
Start making matter out of energy
>>
>>7722100
I would be hyperactive as fuck
>>
>>7722123
This desu senpai
>>
>>7722123
This. Found a company to build go-anywhere spacecrafts since we can generate our own reaction mass now.
>>
Desalinate huge amounts of water, turn the deserts into grasslands as far as the eye could see.
>>
the universe would collapse instantly due 2 infinite energy
>>
>>7722171
Terraforming is a nice idea. Wouldn't this extinct many animals in this areas though?
>>
>>7722123
>Start making matter out of energy

/thread
>>
>>7722178
Not many animals live in the desert though, and who cares about a couple nasty scorpions loosing their habitat?
>>
>>7722116
AI requires more than energy. Someone has to invent it first.
>>
>>7722194
>loosing
Well you're obviously too fucking retarded to understand the implications of removing all the deserts.
>>
>>7722224
I have almost no knowledge of ecosystems, enlighten me.
And we could always leave Africa as it is.
>>
>>7722123
reduce matter to energy, then use the energy to make matter... gg
>>
This is the current state of /sci/
>>
>What would you do with unlimited energy
I'd keep my New Year's resolutions to exercise and study instead of 4chan, youtube, and anime.
>>
>>7722123
You have no idea what you're talking about you dumb fuck.
>>
>>7722701
He's talking about pair production. It's a real thing, look it up.
>>
>>7722722
I know what he's talking about.
Shut your mouth before you embarrass yourself further.

Having unlimited energy also means that you have unlimited matter. There's no such thing as "pure energy".

Hence "creating matter" is an asinine response.
>>
File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2 MB, 1956x2940) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2 MB, 1956x2940
>>7722100
1. create a process of creation of self replicating energy dispensers, self replication designed to work in geometric progression
2. start the process.
>mfw I'm the thermodynamic killer of The Universe
>>
>>7722761
Hey, fuck you. Alright?
Fuck you.
>>
File: 248611.png (4 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
248611.png
4 MB, 1920x1200
>>7722100
>unlimited energy
>any answer other than building an alcubierre drive
>unite the galaxy under the earth-led federation
>terraform planets all over the place
>access to virtually unlimited resources throughout the galaxy
>all knowledge and power would be within our grasp
>>
>>7722769
>alcubierre drive
You realize that isn't an actual thing, right? It's science fiction.
>>
File: 1443548991044.png (38 KB, 333x308) Image search: [Google]
1443548991044.png
38 KB, 333x308
>>7722777

impressive digits
>>
>>7722769
If we United several galaxies together, wouldn't time be different all over the established "federation" depending on every planets orbit??

Like, warping to a planet that orbits 3x faster than earth for a year and then warp back, time will be all different n shit
Doesn't sound very good
>>
>>7722214
Your dumb, energy == money and labour is a commodity filthy commie
>>
>>7722790
Are you seriously suggesting that time speeds up and slows down relative to a planets orbit?
A second is a second m80
>>
>>7722761
>Having unlimited energy also means that you have unlimited matter. There's no such thing as "pure energy".
>Hence "creating matter" is an asinine response.
Congratulations, this is the perfect combination of stupidity, ignorance, and autism.
>>
>>7722793
>energy == money
This is one of those posts where I can't tell if you're a particularly stupid troll, or a particularly stupid sincere person. If you are trolling, it doesn't really improve my estimation of your intelligence, because there's no wit, no cleverness to it.
>>
>>7722828
I would ask you to prove that "pure energy" exists, but it would be useless because you're worthless, you will only come up with useless nonsense as replies. You're the typical newfag /sci/tard who is full of himself but knows nothing. Kill yourself.
>>
>>7722891
>I would ask you to prove that "pure energy" exists
literally photons you dumb pleb
>>
>>7722891
>I would ask you to prove that "pure energy" exists
Nobody said that it does, moron.
>>
>>7722895
>>7722899
Holy fuck this board has become so fucking shitty now. I'm leaving.
>>
>>7722928
bye felicia
>>
>>7722928
I wish I could believe that. You wouldn't be missed.
>>
>>7722100
I would make a the world's most powerful weapon that would render someone un-reparable no matter the technology and impossible to extract anything from ever.

Then kill myself with it.
>>
I would rule the galaxy with my unlimited power!
>>
>>7722998
>Then kill myself with it.

...there are more effective ways to kill yourself without having to go to the expense of developing such a complex device, anon...
>>
>>7722825
relative to other planets is what i meant
>>
>>7723026
Theoretically speaking

How?
>>
desu I would keep shitpost all day long but without worrying about the electricity bill
>>
File: 2ndAmendment.jpg (352 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
2ndAmendment.jpg
352 KB, 2000x1000
>>7723041

>How?
>>
>>7723046
People have survived a gun shot to the head before.........
>>
>>7723055
>People have survived a gun shot to the head before.........

I said "effective ways", anon...not "efficient ways"....
>>
>>7723058
Looks like i'm going to keep living for a while then......
>>
>>7723063

Either you're crosseyed, or you're stupid.

Or both.

Or you're one of those people who can't hit a broad side of a barn with an ICBM.

>Then again you could be all three.
>>
>>7723076
K.
>>
File: Warp Drive Guy.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1889) Image search: [Google]
Warp Drive Guy.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1889
>>7722777
>You realize that isn't an actual thing, right? It's science fiction.

Have you heard of Miguel Alcubierre?
>>
>>7724289
Has he built one? Has he even proven that one can be built with current Earth technology? No? Then it's not real.
>>
>>7724327
>Has he built one? Has he even proven that one can be built with current Earth technology? No? Then it's not real.

....so in other words, you don't know who Miguel Alcubierre is.
>>
>>7724327
He uses General relativity to build a consistent theory of one, but he calculated that the energy needed to make one work is equivalent to the mass of the observable universe. Nasa brought this estimate much lower, only a ton of mass worth of energy would be needed.
>>
>>7724374
NASA didn't prove shit, it was probably that idiot Sonny White. Gog I hate you popsci retards. Go jack of to the EmDrive.
>>
>>7724390
Let me help you in the right direction. Buy a triangle interferometer calibrate with mach's principle. Measure a femto second of a planck scale sized object (for instance an electron) and compare within an increasing lorrentz field. BOOM you just curved space time by a tiny tiny bit and you have your warp drive. Making it into a practical mean of transportation is of course impossible but warping of spacetime can be done.
>>
>>7722100
Depends on whether our methods of energy delivery were still constrained as well.
>>
>>7724327

TIL that unless you can do something with current technology, it doesn't exist.
>>
>>7724374
Or, general relativity isn't a complete and perfect theory.
>>
>>7722100
I would make unlimited pancakes.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.