[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wonder if there is a /sci/ approved way of learning? In about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: bookclub.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bookclub.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
I wonder if there is a /sci/ approved way of learning? In about two months I'm going to write my exams at university and have to learn a book/script with around 300 pages for each course.

I'm not sure about taking smart drugs such as aderall, etc.
>>
>>7720525
Get the course schedule with which chapters are covered, get schedule of homework, then sit down, grab a cup of tea or coffee and get working. Treat your studies as if it's a full time job, you will do better if you're serious and an adult about it.
>>
>>7720525
From what I can tell the /sci/ way of learning is to curse bitterly that which you don't understand, call it a "meme", and then sit there and realize that you're not actually superior because you flunked your entire semester because you were shitposting on /sci/.
>>
>>7720593
Hot.
>>
>>7720593
Basically this minus the flunking part, I eventually just study and grasp it.
>>
>>7720525
sparknotes, khanacademy, patrickjmt
>>
>>7721956
>khanacademy
>patrickjmt

honestly.....how lazy can you get?

Does your mum make your bed too?

You seriously learn more if you try and figure it out yourself with as little resources possible, using only wolfram to confirm or sources to check your answers....you backtrack and restart all over...REGARDLESS if you get it right or not, this will force you to re-wire important concepts into your brain.

trust me.

I made the mistake of using khan/patrick/youtube and in the long run, it only produces diminishing returns. I was better off just blowing the dust off a textbook , stare at equations, and allow my imagination to run wild coupled with attempts at trying to decipher them logically.

It's hard to describe, but you develop a sort of "mathematical universe" inside your head eventually.

try just looking at an identity and equation and work out yourself what it means.

However if you are short for pondering/mathematical musings,

listen to >>7720588
>>7720525
>>
>>7721964
It would be all right if people used Khan Academy in conjunction with a textbook, and worked through tons of problems themselves. But they don't.

You have to put in the work if you want to develop intuition and deep understanding, like you said.
>>
>>7723261
i think all this online resource has great potential

but its the PHILOSOPHY in learning and the way its drilled into kids in a militaristic manner, not to mention the crisis of poor quality teachers....., i think really shows the stagnant state of public education. for the West anyways....
>>
File: example.png (66 KB, 898x499) Image search: [Google]
example.png
66 KB, 898x499
Imma give you my method. Very powerful use responabley.
1.Make something like this for all of the things you need for your course. It should be condensed
2. Print it and fold it in half.
3. Go through it then check answer, I repeat this at least 3 times a day for each course
4.Keep doing this and then do some questions.

I used this method and got 86ish in each of my exams which is berry good (70 for top marks here)
>>
>>7720525
>300 pages
What are you, a freshman?
>>
>>7724595
This
>>
>>7720593
Literally me this semester
>>
>>7720588
>Treat your studies as if it's a full time job
this
>>
>>7724577
Not him but, not to make it awkward, I thank you whole heartedly.
>>
>>7720588
I should probably start doing this but I feel like it's already too late. Will take me 2 years extra to finish my BA and it's not like I've gotten good grades so far.
>>
>>7724747
No problem mate, use the first column as a little mental cue and the second columns as the answer, be quite concise. The key is to do questions after too though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.