[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /sci/, the year is 2016 and the sun is going to collide with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: earth sun.jpg (5 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
earth sun.jpg
5 KB, 265x190
Ok /sci/, the year is 2016 and the sun is going to collide with the earth. Luckily you've been selected to live in a bunker with enough food/water/air for 20 years (about how long the earth would be uninhabitable) after which you will emerge and you'll be charged with helping to rebuild society.

You can take 2 books containing all known scientific discoveries of any given subject, the rest will be lost, what do you take and why?
>>
File: warishell.jpg (120 KB, 1034x705) Image search: [Google]
warishell.jpg
120 KB, 1034x705
>>7719052
>>
If you take your book on astrophysics, you would notice that it's impossible for anyone on Earth to survive a collision with the sun inside a bunker.

That being said, Medicine is a given. And maybe Engineering? I don't know.
>>
>>7719052
Playboy mag and...
Actually just go ahead and make that 2 nudie mags.
>>
>>7719052
Aerospace engineering book
and
medical books

You cant survive a collision with the sun.
IF EARTH is off orbit then other planets might become habitable. Fly there instead.
>>
>>7719052
Why exactly couldn't you take a micro SD card?
>>
>>7719069
Engineering isn't science.
>>
>>7719052
Materials science - chemistry and geology biased
Medicine - general life sciences biased
>>
>>7719095
the collision would fuck with the electrical systems too much so why would you want to
>>
>all these people not recognizing this pasta

come on now
>>
>>7719052
Rebuilding Societies for Dummies volume I
Rebuilding Societies for Dummies volume II
>>
1) Hatcher, Algebraic Topology
2) Folland, Real Analysis (2nd edition)

If I'm required to choose science textbooks then I'd rather just die in the fire.
>>
wouldnt that be useless because you preserved higher order topics but not the foundations they're built on
>>
>>7719210
assuming you're referring to >>7719165

It wouldn't be entirely useless. If I have access to pencil and paper then I think I could (do a very shoddy job of) write the basic theory. I'd need these books to guide me beyond that.
>>
>>7719052
1) The Bible
2) Summa Theologica
>>
>>7719165

You choose a book filed with typos, pleb.
>>
>>7719276
fuck you retard
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.