[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't education being directed toward 100% STEM subjects?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1231.jpg (770 KB, 3796x2780) Image search: [Google]
1231.jpg
770 KB, 3796x2780
Why isn't education being directed toward 100% STEM subjects? Its the only field that creates jobs and furthers humanity's technological goals.
>>
>>7718786
Because there is a market for non stem fields
>>
>>7718822
/thread
>>
File: 1449784192038.jpg (163 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449784192038.jpg
163 KB, 1280x720
>>7718822
Dubdubs confirm

>>7718786
As much as I hate to admit it, the West, and the US in particular, has a large demand for non-STEM fields. American culture essentially our biggest export, and without marketing and business majors, any engineering firm is going to fall behind the competition.

That said, success in non-STEM fields depends a lot more on nepotism, random luck, and other bullshit than STEM fields, since what we add to a business is easily quantifiable.
>>
>>7718786
Because, believe it or not, there is more to life than STEM... And, in case you haven't noticed, STEM is doing away with jobs.. Most jobs could be mechanized at this point in time...
>>
In a stupid way it's an aspect of the worse philosophy ever, the study of our faggotry lives sociology. We in the west are still stuck on old school concepts like the fact that making more money is all that matters. Like the fact that some McDonald's managers make more than a Ph.D majoring in curing cancer. So ya...Our system is fucked up and needs to change and we have long steps ahead of us.
>>
>technological goals

Because we have 'souls.'
>>
>>7718862
Survivability matters.

Technology doesn't necessarily make it 'easier'to survive. Global warming's caused by things bred by technology. And we don't need air conditioners. Indoor lights interfere with our natural biological rhythms. So yeah, technology's bad for us.

Globa
>>
>>7718786
>>7718871
Ya thats why one of these days I hope to see a place like genespace in every single state. Have STEM become a hobby as a human race, and still have survivability amongst the ones who want to work together to live longer as a human species.
>>
>>7718786
unluky for your faggot virgin and autism self, there is more in life than maths, numbers, algorythms and STEM.. But i understand you are unable to comprehend it, because you are mentally deficient.
>>
>>7718786
>learning foreign languages
>learning to play an instrument

boom. roasted
>>
>>7718786
STEM field is saturated
the majority of STEM graduates dont even go into STEM as a career and end up in jobs like being actuaries.
>>
>>7719670
How is actuarial work not mathematics? I mean sure it's not like it'd be pure math but it still utilises tons of models and requires one to know their math
>>
>>7719734
my fucking brother was an actuary and he graduated with a business degree.
>>
Because that's a fucking meme. "STEM" jobs don't create shit without investment and capital behind them, and guess what? Society only has a limited amount of spare resources to devote to R&D and design. Therefore only a handful of people (hopefully the best at it) can actually work in those positions. Training excess STEM people does nothing. Nobody with the funds for some project is currently waiting on engineers/scientist to get around to it so they can get started. It's always the other way around.
>>
>>7718786
>Its the only field that creates jobs and furthers humanity's technological goals.

Sure bro. STEM meme is dead.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.