[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you fell for the Computer Science meme Yeah I have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1405333640407.jpg (41 KB, 353x427) Image search: [Google]
1405333640407.jpg
41 KB, 353x427
>tfw you fell for the Computer Science meme

Yeah I have a decent job now (for being 24) but half of my coworkers just have their associates/no credentials at all. I could have done higher math, engineering, or really any science and just learned CS shit on the side. I could have learned something really specific and cool and worked with real intellectuals instead of Indians, Chinese people and fat manchildren.

Underage of /sci/, learn from my mistake. Get a respectable major. Just independently learn CS.
>>
You should've specialized in something OP, you dumb fuck. Something like AI, data structures, or software engineering.
>>
Bait thread. If you fell for this you really deserve it.
>>
>>7718213
Fell for the CS meme or this bait thread?
>>
>>7718198
This is exactly the reason why I switched from CS to math.
>>
stuck in the same boat OP.

Thought I would get my CS degree and work on something interesting and challenging. But now I'm just an overpaid web developer/code monkey. The money isn't bad, but my job is horribly boring and life sucking.
>>
>Indians, Chinese people

You'll get those in any science OP.

But yeah CS has the most disgusting manchildren. Although at my shitty uni most of the worst ones couldn't handle it and switched to CIS.
>>
File: 1432925952510.jpg (92 KB, 483x458) Image search: [Google]
1432925952510.jpg
92 KB, 483x458
From what I've seen, a lot of young programmers regret their jobs after a few years because it's so unfulfilling. But at least it's bringing in a paycheck.
>>
>>7718198
CS + Physics double major master race reporting
>>
Go into a hobby of creating awesome programs for cheaper ways to research and develop advancements in technology. With all the 3D printing that's been going on. You can use that knowledge to grow some of the put on hold side projects from other people who couldn't take the time to learn coding/programming. Someone somewhere is wanting to own a cheap devicr to sequence DNA for cheaper. Programming doesn't really have an end to its capabilities.
>>
>>7718198
stop calling these things memes. You sound like retards. Maybe the reason why you can't find a job is related to the fact that you're retarded enough to call a degree a meme
>>
>>7718402
Kill all cis pigs
>>
File: SciSuggestions.jpg (20 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
SciSuggestions.jpg
20 KB, 460x276
>>7718198
Alright, wtf is this meme about CS being a meme,
is this a meme within a meme?
College first year here, planning on majoring in CS, perhaps with a specialization in data structures etc, why does /sci/ always say I am doomed?
I always hear polar opposite replies from the handful of people I know personally who program and people on /sci/
>>
>>7718198
>has a good job
>is complaining

boo hoo desu
>>
>>7719156
because /sci/ is a contrarian echo chamber. in the real world cs is great.
>>
>>7719156
Don't listen to /sci/ lol. Job prospects for CS majors are pretty decent. Just make sure you actually know how to code your way outta a wet paper bag.

>inb4 butthurt CS major

EE with CE minor master race reporting.
>>
Im sorry you got meme'd op
>>
>>7718198
Never take computer science as a standalone degree. Use the programming skills brought with CS to enhance your ability in another field.
>>
>>7719927
good meme
>>
>>7718198
>>7718304
>>7718809
I'm one of those no degree coworkers of yours. Yes, I got my first paid programming job at 16. And yes, I now have 8 years of experience, so I'm probably your boss. Also, yes instead of a bunch of debt, I've been saving my money and even if my career plateaus here, you will never catch up. None of this is the reason you shouldn't major in CS. No, the reason is you thought your job would be magical wish fulfillment, instead of just being happy someone pays you to play with a computer 8 hours a day.

>>7719156
Listen to this guy, >>7719182
Learn how to fucking program before you finish your degree. I've seen an amazing number of recent CS grads from decent schools who can't even implement fizzbuzz (and two couldn't even Hello World)
>>
>>7719950
shut up with your "meme" bullshit
>>
i'm thinking about getting a CS degree but then getting a masters specializing in machine learning so i can try to work on self driving cars. i don't know if it will go anywhere but it looks like there's a ton of investment towards it.
>>
>>7720143

I used my CS degree to work with cyborgs. Just becaues these average kucks end up doing javascript and php doesnt mean the degree is without merit
>>
>>7720169
this discussion is still better than those faggots on /sci/ though. "OH UR DEGREE IS A MEME DEGREE, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO WORK ON ANYTHING COOL"

Fuck all those assholes with a rake.
>>
>>7720158
Well meme'd, good sir
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.