[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hear a lot about the negatives of global warming. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (107 KB, 570x758) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
107 KB, 570x758
I hear a lot about the negatives of global warming. What are the positives? Is it really end of the world, or end of the polar bears?
>>
>inb4 more bikini's
>>
>>7716919
More habitat, rain fall, fresh water, it's great for agriculture, and rainforests
>>
>>7716919

> implying that polar bears going extinct would be a bad thing
>>
If you're talking about the planet it doesn't give a shit. In fact there is more biodiversity in a warm climate than a cold one. (IE the Cretaceous and Carboniferous)
What will happen though is that our coastal cities will be flooded and will need relocation in the next centuries. People talk about saving the planet but its really saving out current status quo.
>>
It'll be the end of us. I assume by speeding the process up, we're speeding our way towards the next Ice Age. idk though.
>>
>>7717022
>It'll be the end of us
Explain why we wouldn't be able to adapt to a hotter climate
>>
>>7716919

More stable temperature.

Most of earths history there have not been ice caps. Heat is able to flow from equatorial areas to arctic areas much more efficiently. There where times in earths history when cold blooded animals lived above the attic circle year round. Entire continents where covered in forests with very few deserts. These where also the time periods when animals like dolphins and whales evolved so expect even ocean life to prosper.

And yeah fuck Florida, its going to be flooded unless they build dykes like the Netherlands.
>>
>>7717034

Dikes are built

Dykes are born.
>>
>>7717012
Who cares? The only cities that would be affected are third world shitholes with worthless human-animals and degenerate population centers like Florida, New York and New Orleans.
>>
>>7716919
All the models have been wrong about global warming so far.

Probably nothing will happen, maybe some cities get moved at worst.
>>
>>7717056
Nice. I'm gonna have to write that one down
>>
>>7716919
a chief cause of global warming is due to the accumulation of CO2 in the atmosphere. However, this same co2 that warms the earth also repairs holes in the ozone layer, shielding us from harmful radiation.
so, do you want cancer or do you want to melt? pick one
>>
>>7717030
people are already dying.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-04-20-46-45.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-04-20-46-45.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
It's good for caribou and snow hairs or whatever that type of rabbit is XD
>>
>>7718108
your mom smells like she's already dying

OP, what will happen is that the arctic sea will have a lot less ice and will be easier to cross with ships. thats the most significant thing.

sea levels rising to the point where it poses an actual threat to coastal areas is bullshit. just not going to happen anytime soon.
>>
>>7716933
Wow
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.