[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to get 52% on my Organic Chemistry final to pass the class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 18th_century_ethnography.jpg (1 MB, 2298x1671) Image search: [Google]
18th_century_ethnography.jpg
1 MB, 2298x1671
I need to get 52% on my Organic Chemistry final to pass the class

I got 43% on the midterm and have not studied since, only mindlessly took notes (very good notes though)

I have 2 full days (7am-12pm) + 3 hours today to study for everything

how fucked am i
>>
>>7716785
very. mindlessly taking notes instead of paying attention and learning is retarded
>>
>>7716785
you might get a 50
>>
Probably, I know when I took organic chem the final was much more difficult than the midterm. There's a chance is you religiously study the reactions and their mechanisms
>>
>>7716785
what's your major?
>>
>>7716787
half paying attention half zoning out because I didn't understand what the shit meant

>>7716788
actually the range of acceptable grades is between a 35% and a 52%, depending on the grades I get for two lab reports that aren't graded yet. so hopeful

>>7716790
yes that can happen. took me from a 98% in integral calculus to a 91%, harsh final
>>
>>7716792
something called health sciences
>>
Step 1: get off 4chan, in fact just get off the internet
Step 2: problem sets. Do a lot of problems from your book.
>>
Same boat. Let's get off the web and just try and not fucking fail.

I can't even do shit on the practice finals. Just trying to memorize reaction webs
>>
>>7716853
BTW OP, I'm printing out every practice test/hw and exam copy we have. Just go through ally he problems and pray to FUCK he puts them on the test
>>
>>7716858
yep, I think the reason I fucked up the midterm is because I tried to remember everything (like for a biology or anatomy class, where I do close to 0 exercices and still get a good grade above the mean) instead of remembering reactions AND doing a metric ton of practice problems

anyway leaving the internet good luck brother
>>
>trying to rote learn orgo

oh lmao it does fucking nothing. believe me when i say that. you will get to the exam and just think "???"

understand what happens in a reaction, why things do what they do and you should be able to pull a pass out of your ass.
>>
>>7716906
You're right. I'm learning jack just writing reactions over and over. I've now put all my faith into this little book that is explaining the basics of reactions.
>>
>>7716785
It's two fucking days for an undergrad course. You're okay.
>>
One has to wonder how people like you live functioning at any rate. You are told the exam will be within a specific time period in December, yet here you are scrambling to study everything in 3 days.

Simply baffling.
>>
Why do people do this?
>>
>>7716785

You're truly fucked, anon, 2 days isn't nearly enough I'm afraid. Should have paid attention in class. Give it your best, though, you could get lucky with the test.

>>7716977

You're either a Chem major or have never taken O Chem. It's usually a premed weedout class, definitely one of the most difficult I've taken in undergrad.
>>
>tfw have credit up to org chem from HS

Based A Levels
>>
File: 1448608460196.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1448608460196.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
>watching arrogant premeds get fucking smoked
One of the few virtues of doing a degree in chem is milking you fuckers for cash and tears. Though I am pretty annoyed that this tradition stinks up organic chem courses with people that don't want to be there
>>
File: 1443293092511.jpg (87 KB, 736x748) Image search: [Google]
1443293092511.jpg
87 KB, 736x748
>>7717099
damn senpai
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.