[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other fellow cornellians on /sci/ who were present
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: WTF Neil.jpg (177 KB, 1133x598) Image search: [Google]
WTF Neil.jpg
177 KB, 1133x598
Are there any other fellow cornellians on /sci/ who were present this morning to hear Neil Degrasse Tyson say this?

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK? It sounded like some random gang related bullshit. Has he been taking drugs recently? Is he okay? I didn't even believe it until I saw the video. Why haven't more people reacted to it?
>>
Post the video.
>>
>>7716551
he wont cuz its bullshit, but still i had a great laugh when reading this shit and looking at Smokes face
>>
>>7716544
9/10

Good job.
>>
>>7716555
I go to Cornell

I was there, it happened, I think about 2 students have the video.

People think they don't want to post it because it was rumored he was extremely drunk before the presentation and they don't want to ruin his career because of a lapse in judgement. People are also scared the Gang Members mentioned will come after him.

I heard something about the police being called to the school today.
>>
a few dozen students saw the video in the library shortly after it happened.
>>
fresh
>>
>>7716566
I don't really think gang members are going to come after a scientist for a drunk ass comment at a university.
>>
>>7716544
kill yourself
>>
File: kek.jpg (38 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
38 KB, 390x470
>>7716566
Oh boy please, stop this bullshit
>>
>>7716580
this, I was there, but the police didn't need to get fucking called, he was talking about random shit and he isn't at risk.

Nobody is going to take that shit seriously not even dumb thugs.
>>
>>7716544
>>7716566
>>7716569
sounds like bullshit. evidence for your claims pls
>>
>>7716588
The police being called is a bullshit rumour, Neil Degrasse Tysons PR team spread that shit across anyone who was around the library today so people get scared and don't post the video. Its obvious nobody is coming for him. He just wants students to shut the fuck up and not post the video to youtube
>>
>>7716589
https://events.cornell.edu/calendar
tfw no evidence
>>
>>7716593
this.

Whoever the ginger kid was with the video, fucking post it already, Neil was just trying to scare us.
>>
no police officers were called to the school. post the video greg you ginger fuck.
>>
>>7716611
Listen, greg isn't going to post the fucking video because Tyson and his team spoke to the university president who then spoke with gregs parents. If he posts anything greg is getting permenantly expelled. If the other guy who recorded Neil posts the video greg might still get expelled for recording in the first place which is bullshit because he didn't know he would say that to begin with.

Your best chance of getting the video out is getting the other guy to post it. Greg is scared shitless and has already deleted it according to my room mate.
>>
Fucking Greg.
>>
I graduated Cornell 3 years ago. The only interesting things that happened were Keri Blakinger going to jail for heroin and 3 engineering student suicides in one month. I'm jealous that you guys got to see this.

Hang in there guys.
>>
>Cornell
https://www.kickstarter[
]com/projects/493251093/the-my-oppression-card-project

This is a Cornell graduate.

Look.
>>
I've got the video too but I won't post it, don't ask.
>>
This is the weirdest thread I've ever seen on this board.
>>
>>7716664
It really is. I feel like I'm on /b/ right now.
>>
>>7716643
Is there any greater "micro-aggression" than leaving someone a notecard with a passive aggressive message written on it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpLZsjskcy4
>>
>>7716544
show evidence to support that he was even at Cornell
>>
File: 1447980904769.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1447980904769.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>
File: hockey-potato_o_1178340.jpg (53 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
hockey-potato_o_1178340.jpg
53 KB, 640x492
>>
>>7716696
Ask any Cornell student.

Its only people who weren't in the library debating if he said that.
>>
>>7716687
yeah, thats the song he was talking about.

He sung half of it for some reason. seemed crazy as shit
>>
I love how a significant portion of this thread are posters who claim to be going to Cornell, show no evidence of them being students or there being a lecture at all. If Neil fucking Tyson lectured anywhere, especially at a college, it would have been recorded by the establishment and would have had the event posted in places easy to access i.e. google. yet there is no evidence on Cornell's calendar or on Google.
>>
Niel says that the earth is pear shaped. Sooo..... theres that. oh and theres not a real picture of the earth from space, look it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E9G8fbnZ24
>>
>>7716589
>>7716604
Stop ruining a good funpost you autistic fucksticks
>>
>>7717327
>implying OP and the fags circlejerking with him are the pinnacle of autism
o wow man xD he superimposed a chief keef lyric over le black scence man picture xD

le epic meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeems

Are you 14?
>>
>>7716566
How would you know the amount of students who have the video
>>
>>7717245
This. Also there are like 5 people on /sci/ at any given time. Several of them suddenly being Cornell students seems statistically unlikely.
>>
File: 1394988813280.jpg (8 KB, 145x145) Image search: [Google]
1394988813280.jpg
8 KB, 145x145
>>7716544
>not listening to Chief Keef while writing rigorous proof about complex mathematical concepts such as Banach Spaces, Banach Rings, Banach Topology, Banach Algebra and Banach Vectors
>>
Mildly amusig, OP. Almost saved the pic. Almost.
>>
He does even talk like this. Not in any interview, lecture, or TV show. This is just another bullshit post that is trying to start shit. And I'm more than certain the "people" saying they were there are just the same guy with different anonymous ID numbers. Just look at how close the numbers of the people who say they were there are. It is bullshit and anyone who believes this is an idiot.
>>
Plus colleges keep video records of any lecture by a famous person. And cornell didnt even have anything on their events page about Niel degrasse tyson being there at all.
>>
>>7717681
The PR team negotiated with the school not to upload the video.

It was a surprise visit.
>>
>>7717752
true
>>
>>7716544
yeah I was there OP, couldn't believe the shit I was hearing baka senpai

like they say - You Can Take The Nigga Out The Ghetto But You Can't Take The Ghetto Out My Nigga. some lean all a nigga need and science and theory go out the window
>>
>>7716544
seriously love you op prayers go out to ndt hope he recovers
>>
>>7716544
LOVE SOSA

>>
I was there. I didnt record all of it but heres what I got:

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
>>
>>7719099
:^(
i was actually hopeful
>>
>>7716544
SKRRT SKRRT NIGGA
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.