[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the superior engineering major and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
What is the superior engineering major and why?
>>
The one you like and are good at.
>>
File: implicature.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
implicature.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>engineering
>>
>>7716486
This basically. You kind of have to be able to get excited about your field. I constantly find myself thinking "wow this stuff is so Fucking cool ". I think if you have that you can be great in any engineering field.
>>
>>7716481
ChemE, EE- God tier
ComputerE CivilE - mid tier
BiomedicalE - Contact the doctor tier
>>
An electrical, structural, mechanical, and civil engineer are in a bar having drinks. One of them asks what kind of engineer God is.

The electrical engineer says god must be an electrical engineer. Just look at the marvel that is the human nervous system.

The structural engineer says that god must be a structural engineer because of how good the human skeleton is.

The mechanical engineering says god must be a mechanical. Because of how the heart and muscles function.

The civil engineer says god isn't a civil engineer. What kind of civil engineer would put the playground next to the sewage treatment plant?
>>
>>7716481
i dont wear a hard hat and a dress shirt. i sit in the office and click buttons all day and figure out how to make my reports as unconfusing as possible
>>
nuclear engineering of course
>>
>>7716512
that isn't good for job security.

you need to hoard critical knowledge. so that the company's risk of losing you is really high.
>>
>>7716511
/sci/ tells me that the mechanical engineer actually said all of these things because he can do anything.
>>
>>7716514
>>you need to hoard critical knowledge. so that the company's risk of losing you is really high.

i fell for the stem meme. popsci promised me cyborgs and space colonies and then i ended up being a desk jockey looking at tables, and reports. i don't think job security is a huge concern with me anymore
>>
>>7716522
my dad is a mechanical engineer. he used to work for a electrical utility in their marketing deparment, promoting electric cars. they decided that they didn't need to do Electric car stuff anymore. They didn't listen to my father or keep copies of all the work he generated for them about where to put in chargers. So they paid him off to retire a few years early. A few years pass and the Nissan LEAF and the Tesla Model S come out. Suddenly EV charging is big business. The utility company does not have anyone from the previous EV team left, or any of their work. So no they are paying my father a huge sum more per year as an independent contractor. To do what he was doing for them and should have been doing for them years ago. Like my dad told them would happen.
>>
What kind of engineering would allow me to work on terraforming the earth e.g. converting the Sahara Desert into farm land? This is not a meme.
>>
>>7716561
You Maghrebi or why is this relevant to you?

But Enviromental Engineering, I guess.
>>
>>7716561
agriculture
>>
>>7716481

Railroad engineering, of course.
>>
>>7716511
Isn't Structural a branch of Civil? If so it makes this a little redundant
>>
>>7716595
Environmental is a branch off civil, it's more associated with proper waste disposal, sewage treatment, the like
>>
>>7716499
This list is atrocious. Civil should be at the bottom where it belongs. Computer engineering above all else
>>
>>7716481
what ever one you are most excited about

you're a dumbass meme'ing piece of shit if you pick anything because someone tells you it's 'the best' or 'highest paying'
>>
>>7716511
This didn't happen cause engineers are gay. Their sewers are the playgrounds.
>>
>what is the superior way of pleasuring other men's cocks? is it blowjobs, handjobs, or letting them fuck me in the ass?
>>
Civil engineer here. We are #1.
>>
a mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer encounter a fire burning in the open with a bucket near it

the mathematician walks away and leaves the fire problem to solve itself

the physicist fills the bucket with water and pours it around the fire

the engineer looks at the fire and immediately runs off to find the nearest cock to suck
>>
>>7716770
Kek
>>
>>7717008
are you implying that the mathematician and the physicist are females?
>>
>>7717008
>using water to put out fires
That sounds very dangerous.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.