[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If in the moment you were a little sperm you had a conscience,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
If in the moment you were a little sperm you had a conscience, and a god (just supposing) said to you:

-Your life is gonna be hard and shitty, you almost won't have pleasure. You'll work hard and be humiliated by your family, and everyone else.

So, in that moment you have a choice: never exist or life this fate. Would you prefer to suffer your entire life just to be alive (think well, you're lucky if you're alive) or without pleasure and respect from the others, life just don't worth living?
>>
>>7714112
A nice post, but how is this related to /sci/?
>>
>>7714112
Who sais suffering is bad? You can find value in nearly anything even suffering.
Bloody hedonists.
>>
>>7714119
I don't think others boards are appropriate for this, and philosophy (I think it is) is also science. Just asking.
>>
why would god be misleading like that

fuckin cunt
>>
>>7714125
You're saying sadism is a way of life just like any religion?
>>
>>7714138
**masochism
>>
>>7714112
>If in the moment you were a little sperm

I was never a little sperm. I was an egg and a sperm.
>>
>>7714154
this
>>
>>7714112
Why do people assume they were the sperm, and simply animated the egg? There is no "you" to be spoken of until the zygote. Trying to trace it further back gets arbitrary and metaphysical.

Life is dualistic, there is positive and negative in every frame. You're just never fully aware of it. My life has been miserable, but it's a misery I can deal with for the most part. I used to hope my existence would equate to a net positive in the world, but now I don't really care.

I'm only lucky in that being a selfish fuck usually results in doing something "okay" for everyone.
>>
>>7714129
>Philosophy is science
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>7714658
if you're going to be a cunt just fuck off. I for one have also asked myself this question and would like to discuss it. I would expect a more serious conversation about this on /sci/ as apposed to /b/ or /x/. But with dick heads like you shitting on threads because you'd rather argue than have a viable discussion I have my doubts.
>>
>>7714119
>>7714658
Science is applied philosophy, anon. It is interpreting the world through the scientific method, which is based on the philosophy of what we can consider as most objective based on the philosophy of realism and the consensus of what is likely most objective based on subjective human experience. It would possible to conduct science from solipsism with vastly different, but technically just as logical results.
>>
>>7714119
/sci/chology.
>>
>>7714112
Probably not. I dont like my life that much.
>>
>>7714154
Whoa dude that is way to fucking deep.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.