[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WE FUSION NOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1449750639118.jpg (48 KB, 640x250) Image search: [Google]
1449750639118.jpg
48 KB, 640x250
WE FUSION NOW
>>
>>7711856
Not so hasty.
They're just proving that the plasma could be stable. And they apparantly did.
They're going to try again in januari, but with hydrogen.
>>
>>7711856
Source? I can't find any articles about this.
>>
>>7711891
>They're just proving that the plasma could be stable.
What's significant about that? The Brits did it year's ago, the problem you only get something like 0.65 the energy out that you put in.
>>
>>7712056

Not in this fucking plant they didnt
>>
>>7712056
Plasma confinement stability is a very hard problem, and basically the entire reason that fusion reactors aren't already viable. Proving that this reactor configuration can confine a plasma in a sufficiently stable state for a significant time is a large step.
>>
Why don't they just make a star and put it into a reactor
>>
>>7712058
So I'm supposed to be impressed that the German's built a larger version of the magnet meme that's been draining resources away from real fusion research for half a century?
>>
>>7712065
They built a stellarator, not a tokamak. Very different characteristics.
>>
>>7712065
It's worse than that. The fucking idiots will run this thing in fusion-free configurations. Not as in sub-breakeven, but as in 100% FUSION FREE.

It's a plasma stability experiment and fucking retarded.

The kek mindset have ruined this fucking continent.
>>
>>7712060
Stars are compressed by own gravity. You really don't want something with gravitational pull of 20x the mass of Jupiter on Earth. Never mind creating it.
>>
>>7712080
A hypercentrifuge could create pretty wild Gs without all the mass.
>>
>>7711856
crazy
>>
>>7712074
They will do fusion later on. Currently they test on helium to check if it holds well.
>>
>>7712074
thank you I was saying this in another thread that this is just a plasmacontainment test in old ass technology and I was shouted town by "omg it looks like alien spaseship xD" faggots
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.