[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: acromoolo.jpg (102 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
acromoolo.jpg
102 KB, 950x633
Have you ever felt pain after getting shot or stabbed in your dream?l, /sci/.
>>
>>7708584
Not pain, just a sparkling (I don't know how else to describe it) feeling and then you wake up.
>>
I've never had a dream where I was shot or stabbed. However, when I'm falling asleep, I do hallucinate that bright lights are passing over my eyeballs and I feel the same soreness in my eyes as if they were exposed to real light.
>>
>>7708584
i got hit by an arrow once in a dream, couldnt feel shit.
>>
>>7708584
One...two... he's coming for you
>>
>>7708584

Only when it was a wet dream and I got woke up before I was finished and got blue balled.
>>
Sometimes when Im hovering on the edge of sleep, still awake but also dreaming, I get hit in the head with a pillow in the dream and feel it in real life. Instantly jarred awake.

This happens far too often.
>>
>>7708584
Only a couple weeks ago I felt like I blacked out in the dream, and shot like five of six times before I woke up.

I could have sworn I felt the shots at first, yet there was more of a numbing feeling after the first couple shots.
>>
>>7708584
I've been hit by a car. It dislocated my knee. I've also badly broken my collar bone. I can feel physical pain in dreams. I think it might be because I don't shut down when in extreme pain. I manage it well and keep going. I walked half a mile with the broken clavicle and I never really let the pain of the dislocated knee affect me.

I had a dream last night where a load of small aquarium fish and small animals were delivered to me on accident. I placed all the tanks and boxes in my strangely large bathroom. There were too many fish crammed together in some tanks, and extra room in others. I tried desperately to keep the aggressive fish away from the others and not overcrowd them. Two octopuses kept escaping and at one point one of them bit me with its beak while I was trying to ply it out of the toilet. There was blood and I could see the wound. Like a pressure induced puncture wound and a cut at the same time. I recognized pain but there was too much work to be done so I blocked it out.

The dream ended when I called the authorities but there was a knock at my door while the phone was still ringing. It was a government worker asking about the shipment. That's when I was awoken by my dogs.

So yes, I do believe I can feel pain. I've also experienced death, but I'll transition to another dream characters perspective soon after. It's interesting that way.
>>
I once had a dream were I sat in a medieval dungeon awaiting my exectuion, which then promptly followed in my cell, decapitation with an axe
the dream repeated itself and I only woke up after the second time I was beheaded
I can't remeber if I felt pain though, only thing I remember is the fear of death I felt
>>
>>7708584
Yes, I got shot a bunch of times in one dream and it hurt a little. I woke up not long after, though.
>>
>>7708584
One time I had this dream where I fell off of some bridge into a large foliage-surrounded pond. There was some kind of eel thing in the pond that was biting my legs, and I remember feeling some pain in big jabs. It wasn't great. Then there's dreams where I get killed or something, but when I would normally die in a dream, it just becomes an awesome lucid dream, so there's that.
>>
Had a dream where a jet engine was starting up on my legs. Felt super tingly and when I got scared I woke up. Could still fell my legs all tingly but it went away fast.
>>
>>7708584
I've only ever really felt stupor/peace
>>
>>7708584

i once had a dream i killed myself. to put it short i slit my own throat but continued existence as some sort of ghost or something. was cool.
>>
>>7708584

Been bitten by animals in my dreams which hurt like shit.
>>
I've been killed so many times in my dreams. I don't feel any pain or anything only the emotional intensity of whoever I was.
>>
You have it the wrong way around. Something happens while youre sleeping that causes you some pain, and that pain influences your dream.
>>
>>7708605
Youre being abducted by aliens. Only explanation. Guys this man is living proof of ufos
>>
Wtf are those?
>>
>>7708584
No. Never been shot or stabbed in a dream where I felt pain afterwards when I woke up. I have been tickled in a dream though and that feeling did reside with me after I woke up. I think that has only happened once or twice in my life.
>>
I have felt the fear of pain in a dream, but never had the sense of pain in a dream.
>>
>>7709670
french "scientist" Igor and grishka bogdanov
>>
>>7708584

all the time... sometimes the phantom type pain persists for up to an hour, or until im fully awake and up and at it
>>
>>7709670
Doesn't really matter. They've been anathematized. They might as well be dead.
>>
>>7709834

this fucking guy... at least you're easy to filter. thx?
>>
Yup. After a night of getting really drunk I woke up after having a dream of getting fucked in the ass by some fat black guy. My asshole continued to hurt for a few days after, actually.
>>
File: meh.ro7097.jpg (25 KB, 335x478) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro7097.jpg
25 KB, 335x478
>>7708584
I smoked weed in a dream and woke up baked.
I didn't even smoke that day.
>mfw I woke up
>>
I was shot in my stomach two times in a dream. It was the most painful thing I have any recollection of. It hurt so bad that in reality I rolled off my bed and woke up on my for clenching my stomach. When I woke up though, there was no pain at all in reality.
>>
Never felt pain as such, but I've definitely had tactile sensations in dreams.

One time I dreamt I was in the street I where grew up. I couldn't quite believe it, so I reached out and touched a privet hedge to see if it was "real." I could totally feel the twigs, and concluded I had somehow entered a time warp ...
>>
>>7708631
This happens to me a lot. Except it feels like a slap to the face and jars me awake. I've just accepted that I'm being slapped by a ghost.
>>
>>7709901
I remember reading Terrence McKenna and he said he did LSD in a dream and it worked. Pretty interesting and shows the power of suggestion and the mind
>>
I've been crushed to death in dreams

Hard to say how "real" the pain felt. But I remember it as the most uncomfortable experience possible.
>>
not shot or stabbed, but one time i had a dream that someone force a screwdriver between my teeth and pried them out, woke up with the worst pain in my teeth. don't know if psychological or if my teeth actually hurt and it was being represented through a dream
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
I've felt every kind of emotion and sensation in a dream at somepoint in my life, so I do believe these feelings are possible in a dream. As looney as he was, Rene Descartes said the same thing. I've been taking melotonin every night in addition to meditation to try and harness my mental willpower to lucidly dream and control the universe of my dream. Usually anything that we can imagine can happen in a dream. I've created worlds and witnessed planets colliding in space. I've played around as a sort of God and I've played scenarios in my dreams that I might experience everyday. Dreams are a powerful thing and we do it everyday, yet we can't physically observe it. There's a reason why we're capable of dreaming and we should all be trying to figure it out and harnessing this- we do dream every night.
>>
Anyone has lucid dream once in a while here? Have you noticed how fucking real they are? I mean, details, lightning, reflections, sometimes it's so fucking perfect. How can we simulate a world so real in our minds?
>>
>>7711032
I have no idea, but last time I had a lucid dream, I tested out the DDM of my brain's environment by punching a brick wall with the force of 1000 suns. That's some next-gen stuff right there; I always wonder if we can hook a brain up to a tv somehow to be the ultimate graphics card.
>>
>>7711032
How can mirros be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
Someone I know was writing out a thesis on bio electromagnetics. On a weird natural law that can cause discrepancies with how we view the world. To conceptualize the theory in layman's terminology every internal reaction has an equal external mirror reaction. It causes mind fuckery. But once you have the set up, you realize every electrical nervous impulse gathers information from the environment. Let's say you have an itch. Way before the itch is sensed, bio-matter is hit with a sprite-like charge from the environment. The question is where do these charges come from?
>>
>>7713487
What is animalia's relationship with the universe.
>>
The answer lies in the depth of sensory. Our limitations and blind zones of conscience. It is the norm to say that if your dreams crawl beyond their normal 'perimeters' and start mocking your reality than there is a mental disorder. However how memory is invoked from the dream via the intervallic transmittance that occurs due to changes in phases of consciousness and leave its imprint in reality is something that may need to be studied here.
>>
>>7713518
The unified field is something quite awesome. But to prove its validity, there are still lots of limitations...
I had a friend discuss with me once that he was in a dream where his head was tied to a horse and his legs to another horse. Both set to go in opposite directions. He woke up in the middle and the dream provoked his own consciousness to sequence the sensations that would have been attributed to that dream itself and not the reality where he sensed what was occurring. He grabbed onto his own neck so as to protect it from snapping. He said it was so real he even felt the rope without it actually being there. His legs in the air, close together, tense.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.