[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teach me trigonometry /sci/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: faec.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
faec.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Teach me trigonometry /sci/
>>
triangles n shit
[math]\sin(\theta)=\frac{Opposite}{Hypotenuse}[/math]
[math]\cos(\theta)=\frac{Adjacent}{Hypotenuse}[/math]
[math]\tan(\theta)=\frac{Opposite}{Adjacent}[/math]
>>
>>7708428

Go here:
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/trigonometry
>>
>>7708428
You need to forward your ports right. I can't connect for mind to mind data transfer.

Oh well. Better luck next time.
>>
SOH CAH TOA

When dealing with right triangles

Law of sines:

SinA/a = SinB/b = SinC/c

Low of cosine

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2acCosA
>>
>>7708428
Start with a triangle. What are the sizes of the angles and the individual lines between the angles? Can you inject artificial complexity into these observed sizes? Now make circles somehow relevant. There, you're done.
>>
>>7708603
Put in identities and you are basically done.
>>
>>7708428

Are you familiar with the Pythagorean theorem? It all stems from that.
>>
>>7708831
sick meme
>>
>>7708836
>>Tfw it all stems from memes and peas
>>
Newfags can't right triangle

| \
| \
| \
|__ \
|__|________\
>>
>>7708428
Basically, magical shit happens when you inscribe a right triangle into a circle.
>>
>>7708603
Sorry, law of cosine is actutally

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2bcCos(A)

where a,b,c are lengths and A,B,C are their corresponding angles
>>
Don't forget the two special triangles for quickly finding values.
π/4 triangle has opposite and agacent lengths of 1 and a hypotenuse of √2

π/3 triangle has opposite length of √3 adjacent length of 1 and hypotenuse of 2 and with an opposite angle of π/6.
Also remember that the only way you will really learn is by doing 100s of practice problems.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.