[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do engineers think that they are better than scientists and mathematicians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: engineersworkingtogether.jpg (8 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
engineersworkingtogether.jpg
8 KB, 256x192
Do engineers think that they are better than scientists and mathematicians due to their own inferiority complex?

I mean how do they not realize that they are the oomba loompas of science?
>>
>>7708337
Kekd

Can we please stop with the shitposting though?
>>
>>7708337
"Scientists investigate that which already is;
Engineers create that which has never been.''
-Albert Einstein

They all have their special places. I guess some just feel that the concrete product of their work is something to gloat about. I know I'd be proud if I could engineer something revolutionary.
>>
>>7708348

Funfact:

Albert Einstein resented his son for becoming an engineer instead of a scientists
>>
>>7708366

No he didn't.
>>
>typical engineer dancing around like a faggot.jpg
>>
cool thread ahmed
>>
>>7708337
>ommpa loompa of science

Fucking kek
>>
>>7708348
Interesting. Every time I see that quote it's attributed to someone else.
>>
>>7708366
He also resented the idea of quantum mechanics. Smart people can have dumb views on great things.
>>
>>7708433

Well considering QM hasn't been proven yet, lets just wait and see.
>>
>>7708411
you're thinking on von karman's

“Scientists discover the world that exists; engineers create the world that never was.”

not sure how accurate eintseins quote is but this is von karmans quote
>>
>>7708411
Who else have you seen it attributed to? Others have said something similar, but those are Albert's exact words.
>>
This thread has 7 posters and 12 replies.
>>
Can we all just stop stroking each others dicks and admit everyone has their place in society. Jesus fucking Christ I honestly bet half of these threads are created by dropouts anyway. I realize this is 4chan but /sci/ should not be this infested with this many degenerate dropout engineers and autistic maths students

FUCKING DO YOUR JOBS MODS
>>
>>7708543

>math
>autistic
>300k a year

pick two
>>
Charles Babbage, a mechanical engineer, invented the computer. The scientific calculator was invented by Thomas Whitney and a team of engineers at Hewlett Packard.

Scientists wouldn't be able to do shit without those.
>>
>>7708543
this board is so autistic its sad.
>>
>>7708577

Cavemen put rocks on sticks.

Engineers wouldn't be able to do shit without those.

Clearly cavemen are best men
>>
We should be uniting and helping our STEM bros out but you are just shit flinging
>>
>>7708565
autistic 300k a year? engineer
>>
>>7708610
>our STEM bros

"STEM" is a lie. It's an arbitrary grouping. I am not your bro.
>>
>>7708447

Wasnt QM proved already?
>>
>>7708615
>Physics and Engineering aren't bros
>>
>>7708433
True.

For example, Lionel Dahmer (Jeffrey Dahmer's father) is a research chemist and also a creationist. You'd think a man that dedicated to science wouldn't be a bloody creationist.
>>
>>7708337
They're not anything of science. Why do you associate them with science?
>>
>>7708598
those were cavemen engineers
>>
>>7708812

Not if you enjoy precision and convoluted explains and solutions.

Engineering is about find the qualitatively best method to solving a problem, using the best approximation economically available; Physics is really about discovering all possible undeciphered phenomenon in the physical universe.
>>
Engineers are the oompa loompas, physics and maths majors are the paupers outside and a business management major is willy wanka
>>
File: 1361950314010.jpg (19 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1361950314010.jpg
19 KB, 210x251
>>7709197
I knew someone would beat me to this by the end of the thread
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.