[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
See the question above.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: photo-112043.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
photo-112043.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
See the question above.
>>
That only works in liberal arts classes. In STEM the professor is always smarter than you
>>
File: talet.jpg (36 KB, 463x698) Image search: [Google]
talet.jpg
36 KB, 463x698
He invited me to his house in a small village over the Easter holidays and I fucked his daughter and had his wife suck me off. He only found out when I hinted at it the week after he passed my thesis.
>>
>>7707796
I've never had a professor.
>>
>>7707796
>implying that would ever happened in any decent uni

they might come unprepared to the lecture or make small algebraic mistakes but i've never seen a professor in my uni that couldn't rek the shit out of everyone in the lecture hall combined with his scientific knowledge \ability
>>
>>7707796
I only know moments where my prof realized I was a lost case after he saw my mistakes in a QM exam.
I will never forget the disappointment in his eyes.
>>
>>7707796
I don't see a question.
>>
Physics professors are downright supermen walking the planet Earth. You will not find a student, be he undergrad or a doctoral, who can match these giants in knowledge, let alone experience.
>>
i sure as shit hope i'm never smarter than a professor, why would i pay to be taught from someone dumber than me
>>
In my programming for engineers class I had to teach the class. My instructor was a brown lady that could barely speak english and had no clue what she was doing and just confused everyone.
>>
Not gonna happen at a decent school until you reach the end of grad school and even then they more or less just consider you as equals.

You cannot imagine who much knowledge and experience these guys have accumulated in the course of their careers. It is really not surprising when you think about it. They have been working in their field full time for at least 10 to 40 years more than you. There is no way you can catch up to them in a short time. Sure, you might correct their mistakes and pitch some ideas and they may consider you a smart person, but not a whole lot more.

You have this absolutely new and exciting idea? Oh yeah, I read this one paper 20 years ago that tried to do something like that.
>>
>>7707796
All of these stories end with me only thinking I was smarter and my prof being miles ahead of me all along.

I got derivation which he thought was thought was impossible. That's about it.
>>
>>7707796
The most I've had is
>Prof. Shouldn't the interval be from a to b not a to c
>No.....oh wait yeah

The rest of the time they're years ahead of me, as should be.

ARITHMETIC REDUCES US ALL.
>>
File: 1366854927941.png (3 KB, 197x190) Image search: [Google]
1366854927941.png
3 KB, 197x190
>>7707796
When I dropped out of highschool
>>
File: 87680.jpg (9 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
87680.jpg
9 KB, 261x193
>>7708956
:^)
>>
>>7707796
You're just wrong. Your professor, even when wrong, still has wrongness just grounded in much more information and experience than you have.
>>
File: 1449620425976.png (1 KB, 197x190) Image search: [Google]
1449620425976.png
1 KB, 197x190
>>7708956
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
>>7709028
why do you do this anon?

I checked, and you actually are "optimizing" these images. why?
>>
>>7709037
He's a philanthropist. Helping others is his driving force in life.
>>
One time my retard professor was doing a trig sub wrong, and I corrected him

All he said was "oh, yeah, you're right." I can practically imagine how fucking angry he was, and he still takes off tons and tons of points on my exams because of fucking notation. I got the right answer, and that's what matters. I'm not a math major autist, fucking mouthbreather
>>
>>7709037
yes
>>
In precalc

Solving 3x3 matricies and solving them in front of class
>>
>>7707804
this
>>
>>7709726
> solving matricies
totally rekted.
>>
>>7707819
>read a few books, passed a few exams
>supermen
>>
>>7709935
Are you confusing professors with something else?
>>
>>7709945
Thats what you do to be a professor. Mine were fat fucks who couldnt spell properly. Focus your life on one thing an anyone can get good at it at the expense of everything else.
>>
>>7707814
I feel for you.
>>
>>7707796

This is the wrong attitude to have, I think. Even if you are more intelligent than your professor was at your age, it is simply not possible for you to have thought about the material as deeply as someone who is so entrenched in it. Learn from them instead of trying to boost your ego--do that among your peers instead.

The exception is, of course, business professors. They are the ones who did average at best in the real world and wanted an early retirement.
>>
>>7709764
Finding the identity matricies of 3x3 using gauss jordan faster than a man with a maths related phd feels good
>>
>>7709935
this
>>
>>7707796
college algebra at community college
>going over application problems
>question related to orbits around a central star
>(female) prof looking intimidated
>prof: central star? lololol why dont they just say the sun? thats the central star right? textbook writers have to make everything complicated
>student: ...because its true for all solar systems
>prof looks confused and continues
>>
>>7710478
OH MY GOD IM SO MUCH SMARTER THAN MY PROF IN HIGH SCHOOL ALGEBRA CUZ I KNOW STARS AND SHIT HURRR
>>
>>7710486
college. and yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>7710486
To be fair, he's talking about a community college
"professor." Think about that.
>>
>>7710489
high school. taking it in college doesn't make it college level
>>
File: keen4memes.png (192 KB, 637x478) Image search: [Google]
keen4memes.png
192 KB, 637x478
>>7707796
>correct professor's trivial slip
>start to think you're smarter than him
Shiggy
>>
>>7710486

>we wuz prodigiez n shit
>>
>>7709968
>thinks getting a phd and becoming a professor is a matter of reading books and passing exams
>thinks it doesn't involve years of research and expanding the boundary of human knowledge
>thinking you would ever have the intelligence or the drive to do one tenth of what any of your professors have done.
>>
Haven't met a professor I'm smarter than yet.

Get any of them talking about their field of research outside of class and you'll quickly realize how much information you haven't even scratched yet.
>>
>>7707800
Maybe at some schools, but definitely not in my experience.
>>
>>7707804
this.
My prof has an order of magnitude higher intelligence than all his students combined.
>>
>>7710759
1000 iq and you shits brag about "130"
>>
>>7710659
Top lel, Are you seriously claiming all professors "expanded the boundary of human research"? Do research on banal bullshit, know the right people, wahey you got tenure!
>>7710732
You are mixing up intelligence with knowledge. I don't see why /sci/ looks upon professors as gods, if you read enough books and kiss the right asses you will get there
>>
>>7707796
If you think you're smarter than your prof, you're a dumbfuck for paying the uni for him to "teach" you shit that you supposedly already know. Besides, "Smart" is extremely subjective. You could be the best theoretical astrophysicist or neurosurgeon or whatever, and I'm still smarter than you on the subject of the color of my undergarments. So no one is ever really objectively smarter than another person.
>>
>>7711321
Your undergarments are dark blue with a single brown stain.
Don't even try to tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>7710907
I mean, yes, that's kind of what getting a PhD is. You need to make significant progress in furthering human knowledge.

Confirmed for having no idea what a PhD is and probably never even having stepped foot in a decent university.
>>
>>7710269
>Finding the identity matricies of 3x3

u wot
>>
>>7710478
>because its true for all solar systems

there's only one solar system bruh

all the other ones are star systems
>>
>>7711325
You're wrong.

Light blue with 2 brown stains.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.