[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't anybody ever walked from North america to asia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Look at that, we could just build a railroad or highway across the ice and we could travel from America to Beijing or wherever in a fraction of the time it takes to fly.

I blame the airline industry, for keeping the world population blue-pilled in order to increase the number of people who fly inter-continental flights.
>>
>>7706901
The North Pole isn't solid ice on a foundation of land like Antarctica; it's temporary, shifting sea ice that shrinks and grows with the seasons. This makes building a railroad over it impractical.

And the obvious place to link North America and Asia would be from Alaska to Russia, and the American/Russian relationship along that psuedoborder is chilly at best.
>>
This is bait from pol
Ignore
>>
>>7706911
Oh, and nobody fucking lives in those places, because it's too cold. There's no roads up there, which means you have no infrastructure to actually take people to the parts of America people actually live in once they'd gotten there from Russia.

And in the end, railways are so much slower than planes that it wouldn't get you there any faster, especially considering the huge detour you have to make to take the overland route.
>>
>>7706901
>>>/pol/57798819
>>
>>7706901
Blue pilled about what exactly?
>>
>>7706901
Blue balled by the airline industry, again.
>>
>>7706901
>railroad or highway across the ice and we could travel from America to Beijing or wherever in a fraction of the time it takes to fly.
You do know cars and airplanes are much slower than airplanes, right?
>>
>>7706966
* cars and trains

Thanks, Capt Morgan!
>>
>>7706901

i think you're lost...

>>>/pol/ or >>>/x/ should meet your criteria of being dumb enough to discuss this shit
>>
>>7706911
>American/Russian relationship along that psuedoborder is chilly at best
>chilly
subtle but good
>>
That would take much longer
>>
>>7707138
I was starting to think nobody was going to catch it.
>>
>>7707147
it was called the cold war for a reason!
>>
>>7706901
>implying there's any reason you can't fly over the north pole between America and China or wherever
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.