[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I solve the Universe with just these 5 laws?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: laws.png (54 KB, 833x289) Image search: [Google]
laws.png
54 KB, 833x289
Can I solve the Universe with just these 5 laws?
>>
>>7706267
Mathematics is the language of the universe, but not the functioning of the universe.

Feynman gave a fantastic presentation about it during his Messenger Lectures.
>>
>>7706297
>Mathematics is the language of the universe,

Nice Meme
>>
>>7706317
There isn't a meme though
>>
Why the fuck they call them the "Laws" of exponentitation? They are pretty evident and easy to "show". Fuck this retarded math education system.
>>
>>7706322
Clearly you have never taken an actual rigours course in any maths subject
>>
>>7706319
It is though.
>>
>>7706362
Anything in the observable universe can be described with math

Did you not watch the movie Contact?
>>
>>7706355
I know it is better to take this as definition, im in uni studying physics. But all fucking teachers just say remember these "laws" plus remmber root laws which are basically the same.
>>
>>7706366
Litteraly a meme response.
>>
>>7706366
>Anything in the observable universe can be described with math
All of math can be described in Norwegian. Norwegian thus is the language of the universe.
>>
>>7706374
All of math can be described without language.

LOL
>>
>>7706378
So?
>>
>>7706367
gotta say i agree that our education system is pretty bad
>>
>>7706381
So math can be explained without human langauge in a way that all of the universe can understand :D
>>
>>7706374
you first have to prove that
math is language of the universe and math can be expressed in norwegian -> norwegian explains the universe. Where muh transitivity? I'm not even asking you to prove an equivalence relation on math, you should be able to do this.

also, norwegian too plebian to create it's own math system so norwegian only gets sloppy seconds claim
>>
>>7706383
We don't even know how animals perceive maths or think whether they think in mathematical terms.
Why would you say just because it we understand math, or have a certain mathematical concept anther species has the same concept?
>>
>>7706397
Well i mean other intelligent life forms.

All shit in the universe like planets and to build something can be taught using symbols and stuff.
>>
>>7706400
>Well i mean other intelligent life forms.
There is no reason to think other intelligent life forms would necessarily share our mathematical concepts.
>>
>>7706407
There's less than no reason.
>>
>>7706407
bruh

one dot plus one dot gets you what?

two dots! even a retard, much less alien could figure that shit out!
>>
>>7706407
math is the language of reality
>>
>>7706417
Not my reality.
>>
>>7706411
what if the dots were so big that they overlapped? then you'd have 1 (big) dot or something that doesn't look like a dot at all

1+1 = whatever you define it to be

try not to be so mindless for now on
>>
>>7706411
>two dots! even a retard, much less alien could figure that shit out!
You're just assuming that. Maybe other species don't have a concept of discrete things.

>>7706417
>math is the language of reality
No. See the discussion above.
>>
>>7706427
And you're assuming a hyper intelligent species wouldn't be able to figure it out in an instant. Our argument is irrelevant because we're basing our arguments on assumptions. Lets just agree to disagree?
>>
>>7706431
>let's just assume shit
Okay then.
>>
>>7706267
You can solve the universe with my dick in your mouth.
>>
>>7706431
>figure it out
Your whole language is already screwed, because you're saying that there is some absolute truth to mathematics that "we need to figure out", whereas mathematics is an actually entirely human construct.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.