[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any repercussions to spending a long time in the shower?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1448219425938.jpg (21 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
1448219425938.jpg
21 KB, 443x332
Are there any repercussions to spending a long time in the shower? It's the best part of my day and I'd like to start having 3-4 hour sessions in there, maybe even get to the point where I can lie down and sleep under the shower head.

Gookchan doesn't have a health board so I figured /sci/ would be the next best thing.
>>
>>7706018
you will lose your penis
>>
>>7706021
This, it causes your testosterone to decrease rapidly, I lost 3 inches off my dick and I was only showering 2 hours a day, don't do it OP, it's not worth it.
>>
>3-4 hour sessions

Jesus christ that's a long shower.

>lie down and sleep under the shower head

Do make sure you don't block the drain with your body, people passing out in the shower and doing that can lead to some serious water damage

Other than that, I would reason that professional swimmers probably spend a lot of time every day in water and they seem fine.
>>
>>7706018
The only thing I can think of is dehydration. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but osmosis/diffusion is a thing. The non-water shit in the shower/bath water causes the water in your body to be drawn out, which is why we get 'pruny.' Obviously it's not a HUGE concern, three hours isn't gonna be the end of the world, for instance, but it's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>7706039
>which is why we get 'pruny.'
no it's not dumbass
>>
>>7706021
Pretty much this
>>
>>7706018
You could drown some skin cells by -I can't remember what the water retaining organelle is called- but essentially you can kill a cell if this swells to much and ruptures other structures. You might have some skin peeling off.

If you're using hot water that could be bad for your lungs increasing your chances of infection.

How the fuck do you have time in the day for "3-4 hour sessions" that's what's worrying me the most.
>>
>>7706018
>>
I barely have time to pleasure read an hour before bed, how tf do you have time for 3-4 hour long showers
>>
1. You will lose all oil from your skin
2. This will lead to foreign organisms to getting into your body
3. You will become sick
4. Your penis will fall off
5. You will die

And how in the name of Allah, the most merciful, could you possibly have 4 hours time to spend in the shower?!
>>
>>7706056
well meme'd
>>
>>7706041
yes it is
>>
>>7707295
nope
>>
>>7706018
Here in California this is a criminal offense.
>>
>>7707490
>be me
>hate paying out of my ass for water
>still need to water front lawn
>drive to nearby university
>fill up water tanks
>drive back
>water my plants peacefully, nice green lawn and no water bills
>do this once every two weeks
fuck california water regulations.
>>
>>7706048
>You could drown some skin cells by -I can't remember what the water retaining organelle is called- but essentially you can kill a cell if this swells to much and ruptures other structures. You might have some skin peeling off.
If you're talking about vacuoles...no.
Vacuoles in animal cells are too small for that purpose. The cell would simply rupture from too much water.

But if you're submerging your body in water, the first cells to absorb the water would be the dead skin cells on your body, so it just gets easier to rub and scrub.

Also, how the fuck you have enough time for 4 hour showers jesus you might as well be a goddamn amphibian.
>>
>>7706056
Bidet, you ape
>>
Fucking waste of water

Do you have no concern for the rest of the human species?
>>
>>7707503
>I hate being a responsible member of my community
I hope someone you respect notices what you are doing, you explain it to them like you are some kind of genius, and they look at you with nothing but disdain and pity.
>>
>>7707866
We all know that water in California is being used irresponsibly by farmers, not by the people
>>
>>7707866
>>7707877
Rekt
>>
>>7707877
Who gives half a fuck. Most of the food produced in the US is wasted. Ignoring economic and subtle ecological effects, you could cut most water use of farms, let them collapse, and no one would necessarily starve as far as base resource availability.

Might need to eat your leftovers. Might need to not throw most of your oversized helping you couldn't finish in the trash when you're done. Might need to not raise so much livestock and use that space, and the crops you're feeding them with, for something that's actually useful. Might need restaurants to not throw out food older than a few hours simply because it's economically feasible. It's still waste.

This is why in practice I don't give a shit about short term yield increases via GMO use. It's all worthless if it just hands out a free pass to be utterly moronic in every other way once that food leaves the farm.

Seriously, who gives half a fuck? Who really ven gives a fuck? Wildfires are the only actual problem.
>>
>>7707886
>Most of the food produced in the US is wasted.
Incorrect.

Also,
>I don't understand what cash crops are and they probably aren't important
>>
>>7707877
Dude, you are stealing water because you don't like it that water is in high demand.
>>
>>7707911
Define cash crops. You mean subsidies?

>Incorrect.
Very correct. You could argue it's a matter of perspective, but I'd say feeding livestock is waste if that's part of what you're disagreeing with.
>>
>>7707916
I mean crops grown because they bring in a lot of money, like almonds and shit.

>Very correct. You could argue it's a matter of perspective, but I'd say feeding livestock is waste if that's part of what you're disagreeing with.
Then state your crazy definition of waste before making a statement that is incorrect at face value.
>>
>>7707920
I can't fully predict and control your interpretation, I figured it was implicit from what I'd already said. Face value to me was pretty obvious. Shit's gonna be a heuristic either way, dude bro dawg, man. Sorry I blew it.
>>
>>7707922
Crops grown specifically for cattle feed are not wasted when they are fed to cattle.

There is an actual food waste problem in America and it's not what you are referring to.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>7707937
I mentioned a few of the other sources of waste... and considering the resource expenditure for livestock, including water, I think it's an extreme waste. There is absolutely no justification to think you need meat every single meal.

Enough. Don't like it? Tough. You'd be doing your part in freeing the world from being capable of consistently doing the stupid thing just because it's economically viable.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.