[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to print an eeg bio-sensor onto a flexible material
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sensors-11-02246f6-1024.png (293 KB, 995x1000) Image search: [Google]
sensors-11-02246f6-1024.png
293 KB, 995x1000
Is it possible to print an eeg bio-sensor onto a flexible material on a budget of under $1000?

I want to make a small eeg or possibly a subvocal sensor on a transparent and flexible material. I know its kind of crazy, but I might as well ask you guys.
>>
Also, I already have a few lasers, a spectrophotometer, uv resin, conductive ink, and a few printers.
>>
Sort of like this.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/09/ultra-thin-flexible-circuits
>>
>>7705078
>>conductive ink
The silver kind or the graphite kind? Both suck, but if you can get it to stick, you could make something that sucks.
>>
You want PMA as the material m8
>>
>>7705089
I was thinking of silver, but whatever works best is fine.
>>
It does not have to be super accurate, it just has to work enough to impress my professor.
>>
>>7705102
>> impress my professor
you trying to get us to do your research for you? Eat a dick.
>>
>>7705132
I'd hardly call making an eeg research. It just seems like some thing he's trying to show off.
>>
>>7705132
Its not research. Its my own project that I am doing to impress my professor and hopefully get a good recommendation for a competitive internship program.

I am studying neuroscience, but I just find electronics really interesting. I am mostly wanting to do this because it sounds challenging.

I have access to a few holography labs if that helps. I am thinking of using photolithography to print the smaller bits using the uv resin and a modded spectrophotometer.
>>
>>7705196
A few labs, including holography*

My main goal is to make something that can be used to study brain activity in a more natural environment.

I also think it would be interesting to record the subvocalization of people throughout the day while they do their normal routines.
>>
>>7705196
>Its not research. Its my own project that I am doing to impress my professor and hopefully get a good recommendation for a competitive internship program
So you wwant us to make something for you that will possibly give you a advantage, without doing the work you should do for it? Advantages are meant for those who deserve it, not for unfair assholes.
>>
>>7705637
The fuck are you on about, anon.

The guy's just asking for advice and some discussion with a project he's working on. He's not asking you build the goddamn thing or give him a schematic for it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.