[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best books for learning maths from the very bottom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1448652112659.jpg (664 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1448652112659.jpg
664 KB, 1000x1333
What are the best books for learning maths from the very bottom to the top?
>>
>>7704222
There is no top. Develop foundational skills
in analysis, algebra, and topology.. As you get better, start looking into more specific areas that pique your interest. Type "Introductory" + "topic" into amazon.. You'll find things..
>>
>>7704222
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
>>7704227
A mighty thanks then
>>
>>7704227
Wrong, obviously topology is the top, that's why it's called TOPology
>>
>>7704294
kys mm
>>
>>7704222
As a variant of OP's question, say I want to learn calculus, some better geometry / trigonometry, and at present barely know basic algebra. Where should I start? I want to know enough to be able to interpret and understand common equations in physics, and write a fluid dynamics simulation. Etc, things in that vein.

I've taken the brute force approach at life and learning. I'd appreciate having someone to give me an idea of where to start, at least once. I don't even know what the words I'm using mean. "Algebra" "Calculus" "Trigonometry".
>>
>>7704318
tfw ignored
>>
Start from basic math then move into Calculus. The advanced math topics is a specialization. Anything after undergrad math is a specialization. You will not learn everything just your own field. If you're intelligent then you'll understand the other fields without taking a class in the subject. Most people fail math because they forgot how to divide fractions. I'm not kidding. fractions is the reason why most people fail math at the algebraic level. It should only take you a few hours to learn them.
>>
>>7704318
>>7704641

Look at a high school and college program of study then go through classes in that order on Khan Academy.
>>
>>7704653
>Anything after undergrad math is a specialization

No, everything after quals is specialization
>>
>>7704668
>quals?
Qualifications?
>>
>>7704674
aka qualifying exams, prelims, or generals
>>
>>7704655
give me that next lvl shit family
>>
>>7704318
I would start with Principles of Mathematical Analysis.
>>
>>7704222
Try Lang's Algebra.
>>
>>7705175
Thanks. I'll look into this.
>>
R U D I N
U
D
I
N
>>
>>7705625
what's so good about him?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.