[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SmartPeopleProblems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: CT_Quartz-IQ_SPOTLIGHT.jpg (13 KB, 450x355) Image search: [Google]
CT_Quartz-IQ_SPOTLIGHT.jpg
13 KB, 450x355
You know there's a problem in society when I know someone who has an IQ of 176, maths degree from Cambridge, and still struggles to find jobs paying the amount he feels he should be paid.

It's either you make your own business or you get lucky landing a crazy good job being CEO or something close to it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>7704160

You know there's a problem in society when I know someone who has an IQ of 85, no maths degree from Cambridge, and still struggles to find jobs paying the amount he feels he should be paid 1,000,000,000$.

It's either you make your own business or you get lucky landing a crazy good job being CEO or something close to it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>7704167
When you're smarter than 99% of the population, you would probably feel that you should be paid accordingly.
>>
>>7704191

You get paid for producing something that people need and selling it, or for producing something and convincing people that they need it, or producing something... or producing something..

Just because you have a high I.Q. doesn't mean a god-damn mother-fucking thing.

Has math degree from Cambridge and can't get a job? Sounds like this person did a shit-tier job. Sounds like this person can't network. Sounds like this person can't communicate well with others. If shit doesn't get handed to you in this world, then you learn how to take it. This faggot obviously isn't as smart as you make he or she out to be.
>>
>>7704218
poor English for the sake of rhyming.
hashtag#getoveritbro
>>
>>17051561
Getting paid for the amount of work you put in not your I.Q your I.Q can go up your ass
>>
>>7704160
There's more to life than your intelligence

You might be bright, but you're also an imbecile
>>
>>7704160
>the amount he feels he should be paid.
>muh feels
>>
>>7704191
why should someone be paid more for a trait they were born with?
>>
>>7704191
LEL
you get paid based on how much money, IP, funding, etc. you cant bring to your employers
>struggles to find jobs paying the amount he feels he should be paid
no different than those faggots that want 15 bucks to work in fast food. what you feel you deserve and what you actually deserve are likely very different
>>
>>7704374
Honestly, fast food workers do a fuckton more useful and difficult work than, say, a project manager making ten times as much.
>>
>>7704397
If the work is harder, then why can't they do the easier job of working as a project manager?
>>
>>7704397
>get paid to do the basic work you must do to survive
>harder than leading teams and managing multi million dollar projects
>>
File: 200_s.gif (20 KB, 371x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
20 KB, 371x200
>still struggles to find jobs paying the amount he feels he should be paid.
>the amount he feels he should be paid
you are compensated in line with the value you add/provide to an enterprise
>>
>work at wall street as a trader/quant/any jobs that literally only require high IQ (i.e. refer to HFT firms that hire physics PhDs) and a reputable school
>make >$1m in a few years of 100hrs/week + adequate use of social skills
Otherwise, what would you consider to be a high amount? Whatever that amount is, it wouldn't be attainable based on IQ alone, especially if all the given individual has is a high IQ and some undergrad knowledge
>>
>>7704494
99% of all jobs are rutine. Managing a company isnt a gift. Its dedication. Working 12 hours at Donalds everyday is dedication. No matter the goal of the work.
>>
>>7704160
An undergraduate maths degrees is actual garbage in the UK. You either fail or obtain a first with an average of 85%+.

So you find a £25k starting job or you apply for a PhD

You're applying for funded PhD positions with 200 other people with high firsts. You basically need to start planning for PhD at the start of your second year. You NEED a summer internship in research or you will be laughed out the door at your interview despite your 95% average, unless you're planning on self funding.

Then, if you get your PhD you're in the same situation you were in with your BSc/MMath, unless you get a post-doc. The job market is swamped with mathematicians with PhDs.

Source: Maths PhD student who threw away his summers to get a barely liveable stipend.
>>
>>7704357
I know that feel man. Affirmative action is awful.
>>
>>7704160
>Claims to have absurd IQ
>Can't figure out how to get well paid

>Claims to have high IQ
>Believes in IQ
>>
>>7704160
The only true smart person problem is being smart enough to want to do things, smart enough to know how things ought to be, smart enough to see broken systems and deficits in people's behavior, smart enough to see where things are going to go, but not quite good enough to do anything about.

In my case I can rationalize it away to an extent, because I'm a bit mentally crippled and pain addled. But I know. I know for everything I want, for everything I know IF I JUST COULD, I know what it needs to be. And I'm just never good enough.
>>
With an IQ like that, ehy isn't he making his own business?
>>
>be /sci/
>someone makes an obvious bait post
>fall for it anyway
>repeat for five years
cantwakeup.jpg
>>
>>7704635
>Source: Maths PhD student who threw away his summers to get a barely liveable stipend.

Yes but do you have a high IQ or not? All the rest are feels.
>>
>High IQ
>Wanting to be Wagekek'd

LEL
>>
Is a PhD worth getting in math, or is it good enough to just get a bachelor''s or masters?
>>
>>7704160

You know there's a problem with IQ-tards who despite having a high IQ can't figure out that high IQ isn't a guarantee of a job.
>>
>>7704617
>you are compensated in line with the value you add/provide to an enterprise
No

You are compensated in line with the PERCEIVED value you add/provide to an enterprise. At most. Unless you are good at politics.

And in science there are well known examples of better scientists being squeezed out of positions by lesser ones. And it is not forgotten.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.