[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possibile to make a Nuclear gun type plutonium weapon again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 249x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 249x144
I've been looking around and I've decided to ask cause I'm trying to see if It's possible to make a high yield mini like nuke And I've come across the Thin man a old project that was abonded in 1944 it was a gun type nuclear plutonium weapon and I think it can be much more smaller and better but is it possibile to even make a gun type plutonium nuke? Image related that's the bomb they tried to make of the thin man.
>>
>>7702024
but why would you want to do that? I mean we have hydrogen bombs now.
>>
Op here and if you want a reason why I think the weapon can be much more lethal though and a late yield nuke can be good for taking down HQS and terrorist groups Ex: Isis
>>
File: DavyCrockettBomb.jpg (268 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
DavyCrockettBomb.jpg
268 KB, 800x640
Does the Davy Crockett nuke count?
>>
>>7702030
why would you think that? Why the fuck would we use nukes against ISIS? I don't think you understand how asymmetric warfare works.
>>
>>7702043
It would but it's very low yield and too dangerous I still don't know how there wasn't a incident of it. I'm trying to make it safe and to use to destroy terriost groups very easily and they would just be gone and that's it.
>>
>>7702047
Well We used everything against them and No matter what happens they always live they need to be annihilated to be never again reborn with another name and purpose.
>>
op is clearly underageb&
>>
Op here again Not under age Just wondering if it's possible though To make this type of nuke again.
>>
A plutonium gun would be awful in general warfare.
>>
>>7702049
>I'm trying to make it
You're not trying to make anything. You're a 14 year old that doesn't know anything about nuclear physics, ballistics, or warfare who's just shitposting on 4chan about his infantile delusions.
>>
>>7702051
>>7702049
so how would you take down a terrorist group with a nuke?
>>
>>7702051
Terrorist groups like ISIS are too well distributed, too mixed in with innocent civilians to wipe out with WMDs. A more practical option would be to upload a virus to their websites that reports all the information on anyone who goes there. It would be even better if we could somehow stop their computers from sending emails or whatever they use to communicate, but making it look like they're still getting responses. That way they think they're planning the next attack, but the only one they're actually talking to is the CIA.
>>
>>7702024
iirc gun type plutonium devices are impossible because you'll always have traces of neutron-emitting Pu240 in your Pu239. this will to an premature ignition and most of the material is wasted. dunno what happens if you increase the velocity of projectile though.
>>
>>7702024
Your weapon would require ridiculously fast insertion times.

You might be able to get away with use high explosives at both ends but you run the risk of disintegrating your bullets.
>>
What if OP is daesh?
>>
>>7702051
>Well We used everything against them and No matter what happens they always live they need to be annihilated to be never again reborn with another name and purpose.

>Well PUNCHING these eggs doesn't seem to have turned them into a meringue, but maybe if I try SHOOTING them.

God help us all.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.