[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are ideas? neural connections in the brain so, if someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Blue_Brain_34size[1].jpg (4 MB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Brain_34size[1].jpg
4 MB, 2400x1800
what are ideas? neural connections in the brain

so, if someone can map all neural connection of a specific idea, maybe he can also construct that neural connection in other brain. It will be a complete idea transfer between two brain.

You won't use words to explain something to somebody anymore. You will only tranfer your idea to the persons brain you're talking to.

It has a quite wide use. Not more reading books or learning something by classical method. You only will download all neural connections necessary.

You guys believe will it be possible someday? How long to it get real?
>>
Transplanting a neuron cluster from one brain to another would be like cutting out a random bit of machine language code from one program and putting it in another. There's the slightest chance that it'll do what you want but most of the time it would just as good as random bytes.
>>
It is like Matrix, where you can learn kung-fu just by downloading some file.
>>
The concept is not totally implausible. I suggest that you check back in a couple of hundred years.
>>
>>7699526
How would one go about increasing the neuron firing rate without frying the whole system?
>>
>>7699657
We don't have enough amount of cerebral mechanisms information to explain it. We must fully understand the brain operations first.
>>
>>7699512
>what are ideas? neural connections in the brain
No
>>
>what are ideas
what is software
>>
>>7699625
nice
>>
>>7699702
Yes.
>>
File: fhg.jpg (19 KB, 271x305) Image search: [Google]
fhg.jpg
19 KB, 271x305
>>7699512
>what are ideas?
I'll tell you what they are,

They're bulletproof.
>>
>>7699512
Brain is like hyper connected tissue, which grows to selective synapses if they like each other.
Then they fire to each other

The thing thats needed is to know each neurons position, its synapse neighbours and their friendship strongness

Quite much to scan in on such a nano scale

When done, tweak synapse behavour to behave as human as posible
>>
File: 1448413250357.jpg (114 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1448413250357.jpg
114 KB, 480x608
>>7699657
You can't just do that, some information is encoded in the rate of firing itself

>>7699988
Even beyond that, you need to account for other forms of plasticity. The axon initial segment moves around and that affects sensitivity. Membrane channel compositions get altered and that affects all sorts of shit. Then there's all those activated and deactivated genes, too. All of this stuff, and it's just a tiny slice, is involved in information processing and storage.

I'm only third year neuro undergrad, but the one thing that has been made very clear to me is that there is such an obscene amount of shit going on and we can barely make sense of it
>>
>>7699967
No, really, those are called axons and are not the same as ideas.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.