[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news /speaking-of-science/wp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1449026280713.jpg (256 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1449026280713.jpg
256 KB, 1280x1707
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/12/01/brains-arent-actually-male-or-female-new-study-suggests/

Would this not be working backwards in terms of transgenders gaining acceptance? If I am not mistaken, their "evidence" that transgenders aren't kooks is that their brains look like the opposite sex in scans.

>tl;dr brains aren't gendered so how are transgendered individuals not wackjobs?
>>
Why do you care?
>>
>>7699396
Why do you care about anything? Go kill yourself already.
>>
>>7699394
Im glad i dont know this girl irl cuz I would fall in love, get friendzoned and get depression for the next few years
fuck my life
>>
>>7699394
Consistent differences are observed between women and men both behaviorally and as far as the actual structure of the brain.

Hell, female blood brain barrier doesn't even allow much of any transport of estrogen. Males it crosses readily and efficiently. This is why phytoestrogens alter male visuospatial processing, but seem to do little in women.
>>
>>7699394
Tranny is someone born with a dick/pussy as a man/women or you have both. The SJW tranny is a mentally ill person who completely forget who they are as a person. This isn't news to anyone in the medical community. The reason they conducted the study is millennials are total fucking retards who think they can identify as a fork. This is why there is a joke about sexually identifying as an Apache attack helicopter.
>>
Didn't they just admit there are masculine and feminine features
>>
>>7699394

No. Read the article. They are saying that brains have various parameters that exist on spectra, some of which correlate with sex. But that very few people have all the "male" traits or all the "female" traits. So the strict dichotomy doesn't really exist, but you can still certainly have a more "male-like" brain, and a small percentage of the "male-like" brains will be otherwise biologically female. (And vice versa.)

And before you get all butthurt, I'm not some SJW. I honestly don't know what the best way to deal with trans people is, but I generally just feel sorry for them, not triggered and spergraging like /pol/.
>>
>>7699402

Why are you so angry? Your life doesn't have to be this hard.
>>
>>7699417
Oh don't worry I don't think you are an SJW, I am just interested in hearing opinions and thoughts. Thanks for your post.
>>
>no male or female brains

tell me how hormone regulation works again
>>
>>7699417
i.e. the title is a misnomer.

The entire article amounts to on average, there being a masculine and feminine brain. Of course there are deviations, but that is expected and unsurprising. The study amounts to "brain characteristics vary within genders" not across.
>>
The article is shit. No one ever claimed there are strict male female characteristics but to say we are not neurological different is retarded. A good example is autism, a disease that virtually only affects boys.
>>
>>7699394
I don't want to support clickbait journalism. If someone already has the window open post this in the comment section:
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/32/11252.short

http://www.psypost.org/2015/08/sex-does-matter-key-molecular-process-in-brain-is-different-in-males-and-females-36611
>Neuroscientists have found an intrinsic biological difference between males and females in the molecular regulation of synapses in the hippocampus
>>
>>7699394
who dis grill anon?
>>
>>7699394
That's ridiculous, testosterone affects everything.
>>
>>7699502
>Nigger
Grow up, kid.
>>
>>7699493
2nded
>>
>>7699563
is basketball american the term you wish to be referred to
>>
>>7699563

>grow up kid

Shut up nigger.
>>
>>7699394
Trannies are just people who couldn't take the hustle and bustle of modern society so they gave up on mating sexually. They're not much different than FAGS, johns, permavirgins, etc. If they had any brains they would travel to a 3rd world country and fuck a member of a lesser ethnic group, like my father did.
>>
>>7699571
The current PC term is the melanin enriched community
>>
>>7699563
Kill yourself nigger
>>
>>7699394
The transgender theory is basically about a specific part of the brain that sets the person's internal gender identity as male or female. If I recall, this study is really more talking about the brain as a whole having a mix of "masculine" and "feminine" parts, meaning that stereotypically gendered aspects of human intellect ("men are better at math, women are better at writing" or whatever) are not absolute, and that even if someone is male with a mostly male brain they're likely to have some aspect of the brain as being female.
>>
>>7701212
People wouldn't change their gender just because they've lost interest in reproduction. You do realize that it's possible to be celibate without changing your gender, right?
>>
>>7699403
she's like 14, and I assume that you are too
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.