[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /sci/ think about ETH Zürich in Switzerland?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: eth.jpg (63 KB, 782x305) Image search: [Google]
eth.jpg
63 KB, 782x305
What does /sci/ think about ETH Zürich in Switzerland?
>>
I'm studying there, it's pretty GOAT, but the women are terrible.
>>
Well it's in the best country in the world, so it must be good.

>everybody has a gun, based gun laws
>only white people
>no crime
>beautiful scenery
>rich as fuck
>>
ETH Zürich physics student reporting in, bretty good, workload is intense, but the second and third year of the bachelor are rumored to be less stressfull. The ETH is among the best universities of the world when it comes to physics. (still wishing I was studying in Cambridge though, oh well).
Any questions?
>>
>>7698755

Are you in the first year?
>>
>>7698770
yep
>>
>>7698694
t. someone that never lived there

Switzerland is nice but the view some people have of my country is sometimes downright funny
>>
It's top tier. Oxbridge tier.
>>
>>7698821
describe it then

>inb4 uber first world problems
>>
>>7698784

Hmm, I'm in the 3rd now and I found the 1. year the easiest, because everything you learn is very basic stuff. The thing that sucks about the 1. year is that everything counts together as one unit, so if you fail you have to repeat the whole year, after the 1. you can just repeat the course you have failed while continuing normally.

>>7698821

Actually I am Swiss...

Säg hald was nöd stimme sötti vo dere liste?
>>
>>7698847
It's not necessarily the difficulty thats the problem, but rather the time. The lectures are pretty time-consuming.
>>
File: 1428124863072.jpg (242 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1428124863072.jpg
242 KB, 3200x1800
>>7698688
germanic women are the most liberated on the continent
plus all the other foreign females spread their legs like they should.
>>
>>7698885
when did you started there and what have you covered so far? I'm also a first year physics student, in maths we've just got to play around with the Jacobian matrix on Analysis and on Algebra we arrived at eigen-stuff. In thermo we covered the first 2 principles so far and Mechanics has been hell for me, 2 body problem, kepler's laws and what not
>>
>>7698688
I did research there for 2,5 years after graduating. Best uni I have ever visited in my life. Wish to return one day.
>>
>>7699227
aren't you two in the same class or something...?
>>
>>7699237
I'm not at ETH, I'd like to go there for my master's
>>
>>7699258
Is it ridiculous to expect to get in if I have average as fuck grades at a no name uni in my bachelors? I guess my only upside is my estimated graduation date is ~2 years sooner than average at my uni? (started school way younger than average and one of the few students that didn't prolong studies a single year). Should I even bother applying? (mech.e)
>>
>>7699266
>Is it ridiculous to expect to get in
not really.
>>
>>7698692
Tfw no C1 in german ;-;
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.