[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 4.5 billion years of life, no aliens have ever discovered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: milky-way-map.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
milky-way-map.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
In 4.5 billion years of life, no aliens have ever discovered Earth and left a sign?
>>
>>7694711
Earth could be ahead slightly
>>
>>7694711

Much evidence, but no proof.

The difference between 9.999... and 1.
>>
>>7694723
>The difference between 9.999... and 1.
The difference is 9.
>>
File: alien HD.jpg (825 KB, 1229x819) Image search: [Google]
alien HD.jpg
825 KB, 1229x819
>>7694711
If we were to advance so far, we wouldn't just barge into a planet and scream to everyone "HEY WE EXIST LELEL xDD" We would begin with consulting their governments to see if the publics awareness of our existence may distrup their agenda. Otherwise you might just have a bad start with a whole other civilization.
>>
>>7694711
It seems that way.
If aliens visited Earth like 2 billion years ago and didn't change anything it's not like we would know.

Just hope they don't show up in your lifetime
>>
>>7694729
Nice alien Ahmed. Want to bring it to Area 51?
>>
File: black_eyed_1.jpg (20 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
black_eyed_1.jpg
20 KB, 530x350
>>7694730
Too late, they walk among us.
>>
File: 1425921048991.jpg (36 KB, 461x563) Image search: [Google]
1425921048991.jpg
36 KB, 461x563
The Fermi paradox is pretty crushing isn't it m8
>>
>>7694711
if the federation visited a planet with non-sentient lifeforms, would they leave a beacon stating the coordinates of their home worlds?
>>
>>7694763
>hyper intelligent alien lifeforms have crappier eyes than humans without any sort of augmentations
that's funny
>>
>>7694711
>no aliens have ever discovered Earth and left a sign?
>and
That statement is true. So is this next one.
Aliens discovered earth but avoided contact.
>>
>>7694768
We left evidence on the moon
>>
>>7694711
In 4.5 billion years of life, none of it has ever left the planet and discovered other lifeforms. so why do you expect other life forms to do the same AND that for us to be the ones they found?
>>
>crop circles
;-)
>>
Not knowing that ever civilization collapses when VR reaches singularity and the mouse utopia effect reaches peak.
>>
>>7694861
> crap circles
>>
>>7694711
why would they have an interest in that

why do we always assume their thought processes would be in any way similar to us

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptual_metaphor

our thoughts are permeated by metaphors that convert abstract shit into something that could exist in physical world

if those aliens have different bodies and methods of perception than us, their thinking would be vastly different too because consciousness is an adaptation to the body

point being that they might give zero fucks about the shit we think is important or that their modes of reasoning can be so different to ours that they can look completely illogical to us
>>
>>7694888
Because, Einstein, organisms need resources to operate. Entropy and the physical laws of the universe dictate they will at least somewhat resemble our own intentions.
>>
>>7694711

>In 4.5 billion years of life
>In 5000 years of recorded history

ftfy

even if they came, looked around, and went away, it's not necessary at all that they left a proof of that.

But keep in mind that the most probable answer is that they never came. Life in the universe is just starting and we are all extremely far from each other. Also our neighborhood is extremely boring and empty, intelligent species would explore more central zones of the galaxy first.
>>
>>7694711
The present surface of the earth is much younger than that. Signs left in most places in most times will have long since been destroyed by various geologic actions.
>>
>>7694725
... is exactly 9
>>
Is this some john oliver shit?
It's 4.5billion AE
I mean, come on people
>>
>>7694773
You got some evidence for that m8?
>>
>>7694711
But they have OP:

>Nazca lines
>Aztec pyramids and mythology
>Egyptian pyramids and mythology
>Stonehenge
>Göbekli Tepe
>The perfectly carved blocks (literally laser precise) at Pumapunku
>The evidence of nuclear bombs used in the ancient past.

The evidence is there, it's just that the so-called scientific community is suppressing it.
>>
>>7694723

We could also be far behind
>>
>>7694711

>aliens came
>they land in australia
>no survivors

And thus Earth came to be known as a death world
>>
>>7696535
>>The evidence of nuclear bombs used in the ancient past.
What?

I know of some indications of this, but nothing too solid. I have a story I've been building in my head for the last 10 years or so as I chip away at all of history's oddities.

Anon, this is important.
>>
>>7694728
Welcome to /sci/. Enjoy your stay.
>>
File: spaderondanieljs.jpg (13 KB, 246x249) Image search: [Google]
spaderondanieljs.jpg
13 KB, 246x249
The Evidence is all around you, but you choose to ignore it.

Sumerian Tablet Translation:

On the flatland, above the river's valley, Ningishzidda a scale model built,
The rising angles and four smoothsides with it he perfected.
Next to it a larger peak he placed, its sides to Earth's four corners he set;
By the Anunnaki, with their tools of power, were its stones cut and erected.
Beside it, in a precise location, the peak that was its twin he placed;
With galleries and chambers for pulsating crystals he designed it.
When this artful peak to the heavens rose, toplace upon it the capstone the leaders were
invited.
Of electrum, an admixture by Gibil fashioned, was the Apex Stone made.
The sunlight to the horizon it reflected, by night like a pillar of fire it was,
The power of all the crystals to the heavens in a beam it focused.
When the artful works, by Ningishzidda designed, were completed and ready,
The Anunnaki leaders the Great Twin Peak entered, at what they saw they marveled;
Ekur, House Which Like a Mountain is, they named it, a beacon to the heavens it was.
That the Anunnaki the Deluge survived and prevailed forever it proclaimed.
>>
>>7696639
The multitude of assembled Anunnaki a great cry of joy uttered;
Ninmah, by the occasion moved, a poem recited and sang:
House that is like a mountain, house with a pointed peak,
For Heaven-Earth it is equipped, the handiwork of the Anunnaki it is.
House bright and dark, house of heaven and Earth,
For the celestial boats it was put together, by the Anunnaki built.
House whose interior with a reddish light of heaven glows,
A pulsating beam that far and high reaches it emits;
Lofty mountain of mountains, great and lofty fashioned,
Beyond the understanding of Earthlings it is.
House of equipment, lofty house of eternity,
Its foundation stones the waters touch, its great circumference in clay is set.
House whose parts are skilfully together woven,
The great ones who in the skies circle to a resting make descent;
House that for the rocketships is a landmark, with unfathomable insides,
By Anu himself is the Ekur blessed.
Thus did Ninmah at the celebration recite and sing.
>>
>>7694723
Incredibly unlikely. Humans have existed for something like 200000 years. That's about one "seventy thousandth" of the age of the universe. So, assuming there is (at least) one other race of living things out there, the odds that they are younger than us is 70000 to 1.
>>
>>7696639
That's not a translation, it's just a really wrong interpretation made to sell books to idiots.
>>
>>7696668
You just keep believing the Disinfo lie.

But this is a tranlation taken from the Lost Book of Enki that was found in a Library in Nippur.

Its in a private collection now to keep it safe from Ignorant people like you.
>>
>>7694711

I think Fermi was partially correct.

I do think, however, that we are so fucking far away from each other that contact is unlikely to happen anytime in the near future. Or at all.

It's also plausible that these aliens may have died out. Or they are on the same technological level.
>>
>>7696685
>>7696685
hey bro, you seem to have made a typo while typing "/x/" into your browser's address bar, or possibly mis-clicked the link at the top of the page. No worries, your home is just one re-click away!
>>
>>7694711

space is really really big.
>>
>>7696535
>nuclear bombs
please drop starter links so I can dig I'm curiosity nao
>>
>>7696685
> Its in a private collection now to keep it safe from Ignorant people
Oh boy
>>
>>7694711
Exactly, it took 4 billion years for intelligent life to evolve here, so the chances of it randomly evolving elsewhere, on top of them not killing themselves, on top of figuring out a way to get to space, on top of being close enough to get here, all together seem very slim. We very well may be one of the most advanced in intelligence in our galaxy. It could be only us, at least currently that can reasonably spread life to other star systems.
>>
>>7694711
Space is really, really big and vast

Space travel beyond a star system is incredibly difficult
>>
> In 4.5 billion years of life, no aliens have ever discovered Earth and left a sign?

There's no reason for a biological organism to leave its home solar system. Hell, there's probably no reason for a biological organism to leave its home planet. You need to understand the natural barriers that exist due to energy shortages. The space between stars is a vast energy sink.
>>
>>7697267

The Anunnaki came here looking for Gold.

We used to call them gods, not Aliens.
>>
>>7696869
different anon but I assume he refers to the depictions of heavenly gods destroying shit in the mahabharata

http://www.sanskritimagazine.com/vedic_science/brahmastra-nuclear-weapon-ancient-india/
>>
>>7694782
this. life might be a common thing. hell even complex life. but intelligent life might be really rare or takes billions of years to develope.
>>
>>7696535
that fucking ancient aliens show did immense harm on so many peoples understanding of history
>>
You're traveling on the road. You see an ant hill. Do you stop and leave any sign?
>>
what bullshit are you being fed OP? your minded is expanded enough to make that kind of statement. try a better method of thinking. liken human knowledge as the equivalent of ants what physical senses they have, their thinking capacity. they don't know about outer space. do they even know clouds? you get a phd in physics, cosmology, astrophysics,astrobiology thats the smartest humans we have on earth working to know about the universe. WE barely know anything. there could be other dimensions.
>>
bullshit autocorrect on my computer. what i said was you mind is not expanded enough
>>
>>7696535
Beat me to it

:^)
>>
File: usaf-briefing.jpg (71 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
usaf-briefing.jpg
71 KB, 500x680
>>7699012
Half a century ago it was (more or less) common knowledge that they are here. In the 1950s and 1960s, during the era of atmospheric nuclear test explosions (a total of more than 2000), there were mass UFO sightings and people almost developed hysteria. The formerly "top secret" documents are open source, now declassified of course.

According to the USAF Academy text book: "If such beings are visiting the earth, two questions arise: (1) Why haven't they attempted to contact us officially, and (2) Why haven't there been accidents which would have revealed their presence?

"Why no contact? That question is very easy to answer in any of several ways: (1) We may be the object of intensive sociological and psychological study. In such studies you usually avoid disturbing the test subjects' environment. (2) You do not contact a colony of ants - and humans may seem that way to any aliens (variation: a zoo is fun to visit, but you don't 'contact' the lizards). (3) Such contact may have already taken place secretly, and may have taken place on a different plane of awareness - and we are not yet sensitive to communications on such a plane."
>>
>>7694711
OK, so the evidence would have to be pretty significant to last hundreds of millions of years or more.
Not like they left a plaque or something.
More like some unexplained anomaly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth#Scientific_dispute
>>
Few worlds can form and foster life.
The world's that can foster complex life are rare.
Of those worlds many aren't habitable long enough to develop intelligent life.
Of those worlds sometimes intelligence just doesn't evolve.
Of the worlds that do evolve intelligent life, such life likely either use up all their nonrenewable resources and collapses before creating a foothold in space or simply nukes itself.

Maybe if we divert convince enough people of the impending precipice and get get more investment into the exploration, exploitation, and colonization of space then we can be the first species to take life beyond the planetary stage. Maybe Earth's conditions are such that humanity is the BEST chance this galaxy or this local group has of creating an interstellar civilization. I'd rather not have the universe remain quiet all the way to Heat Death.
>>
>>7698950
They were already damaged. I read von darnikin "was god an astronaut". Laughed at most of it and pondered some of it. You either start with a logical, critical mind or you start wanting to "believe" in something. Beleif is for the weak
>>
File: whythehellisthisajpg.jpg (1 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
whythehellisthisajpg.jpg
1 KB, 128x128
One simple possibility is that the alien species wish to observe what happens naturally, for their own science.
>>
>>7699268

Erich Van Daniken says that his God does not need a spaceship.

The god of the Bible is an Anunnaki Alien and they fly around in space ships.

They are gods not God, the are aliens that came here long ago.
>>
>>7699206
exactly. For all we know, they might be using humanity as an incubation chamber for beneficial genetic mutations.

It might be that letting nature run its course is far more efficient than attempting to build a creature from the ground up. Genetic code is incredibly complex and everything has to be perfect. They might be creating hybrid races. They might be protecting Earth from asteroids. They may even have killed the dinosaurs. Pure speculation, but not outside the realm of possibility.
>>
Alien here

ask me anything
>>
>>7699012
That's implying intelligent life is as mundane as an ant
>>
>>7699446
what are your lolis like?
>>
We're all dead and this is hell.
>>
I'm sure if aliens have visited or are observing they're intelligent enough to not leave signs or do something that would make us aware.
>>
>>7699570

Welcome. This happens to be the fifth level.

It's a bit uncomfortable here at times, and the assholes sometimes seem like they won't shut up, but at least we get these cool looking (and monogrammed) Membership Only jackets!

How fucking cool is that!
>>
>>7699446
what is your BBC equivalent and is keking a standard norm?
>>
>>7699446
ok I'll ask a sensible question
Does the future already exist i.e is the future predetermined?
>>
>>7699292
Eric von dickheaden says the nazca lines are landing strips for the ancient astronaughts. Really? Landing strips? You "beleive" whatever you want buddy
>>
But, anon, we ARE the sign.
>>
>>7699788
He also says the monolith at Baalbek is a landing pad. So which is it? Do they travel interstellar distances then put their landing gear down or travel interstellar distances and can only land on a smooth flat surface?
>>
File: the_hierarchy.jpg (28 KB, 350x236) Image search: [Google]
the_hierarchy.jpg
28 KB, 350x236
>>7699442
>not outside the realm of possibility.
Certainly not, but maybe firmly anchored in the realm of wishful thinking given the dark nature of the hierarchy overseeing the human farming project. They were here before us and they never left. The good guys do not deceive, abduct and slaughter; they inform about the terror of the situation.
>>
>>7700172
/sci/ gets very retarded over the weekend. Welcome friend. Can I wipe that drool for you?
>>
>>7696660
You should be looking at how long it took intelligent life to evolve here.

Earth is old relative the universe. We may be one of the first to develop life.

We also may not be but don't let your hard on for advanced aliens dismiss the possibility.
>>
All evidence suggests that life exists only on Earth. Believing in aliens is akin to believing in God. Worse if anything as belief in aliens was popularised by the media.
>>
Radio waves are probably primitive to aliens due to its capacity to only go at speed c.There's probably a way to communicate instantaneously or with at least reduced time, but it's definitely not in my capacity to figure that out. I predict we will have this technology by 2065.
>>
>>7700193
And this is based on what evidence?
>>
>>7700197

World collaboration on working physics and engineering problems and theories will eventually lead to new modes of travel or at least communication.
>>
>>7700208
Your aware that current evidence suggests it is a law of nature that matter/information can't be transmitted FTL right? World collaboration wwont break the laws of nature in fact science, nor anything else, has ever broken the laws of nature they are by definition unbreakable.

Its possible that we are mistaken about this being a law but that doesn't seem likely.

This blind belief that science will one day make anything possible has never made sense to me.
>>
Why does everyone assume that aliens are exploring the universe, let alone exploring the universe to seek other forms of life to socialize with?
Furthermore, why socialize with lesser life forms? Aren't OTHER lifeforms just competition anyway?
Also, wouldn't it made more sense to make use of the energy around you than exploring?
Just because we're stupid and have to explore for resources doesn't mean other species haven't figured out the easy life.
>>
>>7699254
This desu, senpai.
>>
>>7699454
>>7699531
>>7699638
sorry humans I was banging my hot alien wife

the answer to all of your questions is "ayy lmao"

it will make sense in time, you will be allowed into the galactic council when your species figures out its deeper meaning
>>
>>7700214
There are so many ways around the FTL principle, but yes, it is foolish to assume that given enough time, every civilization will absolutely have to discover a way.

>>7700217
This.
The universe is huge guys. Like really fucking huge. It's so big that, because of its accelerating expansion and the Hubble formula, there are galaxies that are moving away from us faster than light, and the light from those galaxies will never reach Earth. There are galaxies that are right on the brink of moving past the edge of the visible universe, literally blinking out of visible existence.

Now think about it. We only have evidence that life developed on ONE PLANET. Now, to be fair, there's a metric fuckton of it here.

Given the best estimates for molecules to randomly collide into physical cells (very rough estimates), it still isn't very probable that life randomly popped up on Earth even.

Now, let's assume life starts on another planet. There are so many things that could just make that life stop, especially at the microbial level. And yet we generalize and say that if life exists, it automatically fills the planet and forms an ecosystem.

Let's assume a working ecosystem. Now we have to figure out what percentage becomes "intelligent" - we don't really even know how to define this. This is basic Drake Equation shit by the way, but from a realistic perspective. So far, out of the billions of different life forms on our own planet, just ONE of them became intelligent enough to even consider life on other planets. ONE. IN A BILLION. And that's only after an ecosystem has formed, which means life has formed, which makes it even rarer. Then you have to look at the habitable planets - sure, there's a lot, but not trillions. Then, why are we so sure that the aliens will be so keen on communication? Or that they will even have the same forms of communication? For all we know, they've progressed long beyond using electromagnetic waves and they communicate with gravity waves.
>>
>>7694711
They'd have to land and investigate in the first few billion years to validate its existence, that is if they can find it. If that were the case, they could easily had planted life on earth.
They'd need impossibly high powered telescopes to see life teeming on earth for the next couple billion of years
We've only been sending out radio waves for the past 150 years, which have barely reached a tiny portion of our galaxy. Our first satellites have just barely left the solar system, which are both indistinguishable from the noise to a distant observer.
How the hell would you go about finding life on other planets out of billions of potential candidates?
>>
>showing one galaxy

There are hundreds of billions of galaxies.

Let's say there was one extraterrestrial civilization in the entire universe with the capability of leaving a sign on Earth of their existence by this point. What are the chances of this actually happening?
>>
>>7700416
>There are so many ways around the FTL principle

You know we don't know that wormholes actually can exist right? They might but we really don't know.

Same for the alcubierre drive.
>>
>>7700172
>good guys
>survival of the fittest
pick one and only one
>>
>>7700356
nice cover up
I know your designation. Contact with humans is forbidden. Summary termination of your life force is under consideration forthwith.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.