[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivate me, /sci/...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: help_me.png (724 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
help_me.png
724 KB, 1920x1080
Motivate me, /sci/...
>>
We don't care
>>
>>7691219
If you need strangers on the internet to motivate you to do something just give up and become a clerk who spends the remainder of his pittance on weed.

That being said, you can crawl out of this hell if you try!

>t. high school dropout who has a masters at 27
>>
>>7691233
I am also a high school drop out but I start university in January and want to be prepared.
>>
>>7691239
Godspeed. I know these are supposed to be your glory years but fuck that shit and study. The real golden years are 22+, freshmen love older dudes.
>>
File: 1448925661890.jpg (7 KB, 159x109) Image search: [Google]
1448925661890.jpg
7 KB, 159x109
>>7691241
>tfw I'll be 20.5 as a freshman
>tfw I'll be like 25 years old at the end of my undergrad

feels good man?
>>
>>7691247
Do you have an alternative?
>>
>>7691249
What do you mean, trade school or something? I'm not paying for university so that's really the only reason I'm going. I had a huge plan of going to community college across the country and was about to go through with it until my grandma just said she'd pay for my university in state as long as I do something that isn't a waste of time and money.
>>
>>7691253
So what are you going to study?
>>
>>7691296
Electrical Engineering is the default, I think. I was considering Physics/Economics double major but I'm not sure about it. I feel like it'd help me understand a lot about society and our universe but nobody is really paying people for that, but I suppose if I'm going to have no college debt, I should consider it more.
>>
>>7691323
I don't think you need to double major in Economics to understand the basics of it. You can take one or two classes and read about it on your own.

What drives you to EE?
>>
>>7691327
I've done various things throughout my youth that I fee like EE would be the easiest for me. I took a very intensive robotics class in boarding school, always fiddled with electronics growing up.. out of every engineering field, it seems like the least archaic...

it's also the only one I'll be able to go into, at least for engineering, having to do with some sort of credit windows for the other engineering majors preventing me from going into them. That's unless I can test into calculus before I start this January, which is why I have these PDFs yet haven't even looked at them yet.
>>
>>7691336

If you could go back, would you have done mechanical?
>>
>>7691327

Eh, this. The basics of economics: 101 and 102, are essential for everyone (feel free to self teach it). But going too much deeper into it is useless UNLESS you want to pursue graduate studies. Graduate level econ is very good but having just a major is, meh.

(Currently doing masters in econ)
>>
>>7691336
Ah, seems like EE would be a good choice for you. I'd say only do Physics if you intend to pursue a scientific career. You can still go into grad school in Physics with an EE major, as long as you've taken important courses (Electromagnetism, Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics).

You shouldn't worry much about this now, though. Get studying and figure this shit out later. Also, anon, don't wait for motivation to come in order to study (or to do anything whatever). Think of it like this: motivation hasn't come to you while you're doing whatever you're doing, so if you keep with that routine, it probably won't come. Don't wait for some inspiration. Sure it may come eventually, but you don't know that. Don't leave it to chance. Get up and do what you have to do, regardless of motivation. Break it into simple steps if you have to, such as reading 1 session per day or something that fits you. Then try to repeat it until you can do more and more. Again, don't wait for motivation.
>>
>>7691346
W-what? I haven't started yet.
>>
I heard from one of them that macro economists often have a Physics PhD background. They sure earn more than me (Physics PhD and no macro economics)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.