[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you guys make math interesting or actually like, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: calculusimg.jpg (154 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
calculusimg.jpg
154 KB, 600x424
how do you guys make math interesting or actually like, I'm currently struggling with it because unlike other subjects I only learn because I have to, in other subjects sometimes I even learn topics ahead of time or some that I don't have to learn just out of interest or curiosity. help me /sci/
>>
>>7690585
do you even get it, pleb ?
>>
>>7690585
>how do you guys make math interesting

I don't know, sometimes i just view as a game.
>>
>>7690585
Mild autism.

No really. The pleasure of math is somewhere between a really complicated puzzle where all the pieces click into place once you solved it, or like an OCD person who will only feel comfort once he clicks the right and left sides of his mouth with his tongue just the right number of times.
>>
>>7690617

This. It's about knowing the rules and being Slick. It also worth remembering that the high scores are still held by men we all remember like Pythagoras.
>>
>>7690585

If you won't be using math again you'll end up in a field that isn't science or math related. basically a welder or best case, a salesman.
>>
>>7690755
You have no idea how the job market works.
>>
>>7690785
He's right. Everything is either math related or menial and trivial
>>
I know it's a meme but I really actually enjoyed NJWildbergers Wildlinalg series
>>
>>7690859
What about medicine and law degrees?
>>
>>7690859
>being this autistic
You do realize that life isn't an IQ test, right? Jobs are there to provide for the needs of others. Holding constant for the amount of money involved, they're all about equally menial 2bh unless you're actually so autistic that you think your job is somehow separate from society.

...also, the vast majority of people who had to learn math for school rarely come close to using that level of math again unless you're a research scientist or some shit.
>>
I'm pretty sure there is a right frame but I'm more of a biology and medicine guy so I don't know
>>
File: enhanced-11865-1438605605-7.jpg (78 KB, 625x330) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-11865-1438605605-7.jpg
78 KB, 625x330
>biology
>not mathematical
>>
File: 1420915642967.jpg (29 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1420915642967.jpg
29 KB, 600x579
>>7691163
>biology
>mathematical
>>
>>7690585
Imagine yourself as a god.
>>
>>7690585
It is as close to magic and godliness to know much in science and mathematics. That's really all of the convincing that you should need unless you're the most boring person on the planet.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.