[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: simpsons-maths-1.jpg (25 KB, 548x342) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-maths-1.jpg
25 KB, 548x342
how to prepare for maths and physics ?
how much do i have to study everyday?
how do i revise and memorize all the formulas?
how do i divide my time?

I used to be good in maths and physics, this year my grades went down to 60% because i didn't study shit, although I can theoratically understand what's happening

math: derivability, series, inverse functions, complex numbers, 3x3 matrices(determinant and inverse)
physics: electricity in general: RC, RL , RLC(forced and free(?) ) , with their differential equations

what do
>>
Step one: Turn off the computer
Step two: Turn off other technology (phone, tv, radio)
Step Three: Study.
Step Four: If you think you are done, you are not, go back and study.
>>
>>7688160
Buddy, I can tell you that you don't really know anything about those topics, other than babby-tier stuff. You should start by reading >>7653912
and take as long as you need
>>
>>7688168
This, and also you should break what you need to know down to it's tiny essential tasks. If you don't know how to, say, divide fractions, and you keep getting things wrong because of it, research how to and then you can move forward with other problems.

Have a really really good foundation.
>>
>>7688168
This, so fucking much.

Don't waste your time on the computer.
Studying is the unique answer. You will waste million hours looking for excuses, don't do it.
>>
>>7688192
What if the resources you're using are on a computer?
>>
>>7688193
Textbooks. Library. Print that shit if necessary.
>>
>>7688160
That's a false solution to Fermat's last theorem on the board.

I read about this before allot of the Simpson's writers/producers are math major drop outs.
>>
>>7688168
without the internet i wouldn't even be getting the 60%
i rely strongly on youtube tutorials and E-books and other resources

>>7688170
suggest me something i can find online? buying is not an option

>>7688190
i have not probelm with fractions mate, or anything i previously studied. im not that stupid, even though 60% is pretty low, i got the best grade among all of my other 20 classmates

>>7688193
this
>>
>>7688208
It was just an example. All I wanted to say was focus on the basics if that's what you're having trouble with. Doing well in a typical math class doesn't require theoretical analysis, it requires you've memorized the rules laid out in front of you and can apply them.
>>
>>7688212
thanks
what do you think is the hardest/easiest among lessons i stated above?
>>
Visualize the formulas. Acceleration, imagining a second times A SECOND? Yeah.

Memorize your SOHCAHTOA shit. Sin = Opp./Hyp. Cos = Adj./Hyp. Tan = Opp./Adj. etc. Also your sin^-1's and the other variants.

Take breaks. Study 30 minutes. Take a 5 minute break. After you've spent like 3-4 hours review.

Math's some shit that you can make tables from. Sort things out into boxes, label the boxes accordingly.

Some things, like logs, you can use arrows for. logx = y = x^y. Arrow from x to y, makes it way more fluid to remember.

log[x][base] = [y][exponent] make arrows to solidify that shit.

Can do that with a multiplicity of maths. Series also.

Visualize the fuck out of science.
>>
>>7688223
I'm not a math major so I'm not the person to ask. But I do study some math since I'm in college and that's what really got me through it since I didn't pay attention in high school. Memorizing the formulas is just sitting down repeating trial and error until you've got it in your brain.
I'd recommend visualizing the formulas instead of saying them in your mind like the other anon suggested.

https://openstaxcollege.org/files/textbook_version/low_res_pdf/48/AlgebraAndTrigonometry-LR.pdf

Here's a free book on algebra and trig. look through it and see if it has what you're looking for.
>>
>>7688223
Btw if you're trying to memorize formulas because you can't use math charts in class, just write it in your graphing calculator, never turn off the thing, and pull that shit up anytime you want by hitting the up arrow.
>>
>>7688160
>struggling in HS
yeah just buy something to strech your ass and you'll be good
>>
>>7688160
Memorize all the formulas.
IMPORTANT: understand all the formulas.

If you're "smart but lazy": Memorize as few formulas, then figure out how to derive all the remaining formulas from the ones you did memorize.
IMPORTANT: understand all the formulas.
>>
not the op but i could use some help. I'm having trouble visualizing some things in physics e & m. primarily problems involving magnetism and magnetic flux. i also have a bit of trouble with maxwells equations (faradays and amperes law).

Someone got any tips/resources that i could use or just general advice on e & m
>>
>>7688160
Everyone posting here has missed the biggest and most important aspect for success.

I'm a teacher and based on the thousands of students I've taught, there's a few things that stand out among the students that achieve the top grades. (If you're just looking to pass, then I don't give a shit about you - and neither will any employer).

1. You have to LOVE studying the topic. Just because that's not true now, doesn't mean it can't be. Develop a growth mindset (look that up). Embrace the challenge - learning is natural exciting, you don't need to spice it up.

2. Spend time listening/watching those who are better than you. Not just your teachers, but those who are at the top of your class, and those who topped the class last year. Look at those who are the top professionals in your field. Listen to your teacher in class. Engage with the lesson - whether it's poorly prepared or not. Don't make excuses. Engage. Don't get distracted by losers. Engage yourself fully.

3. Work HARD. There is no substitute for time and effort. Tiger Woods and Roger Federer have lots of talent - but so do millions of others. They are world champions because they work hard at their natural talents to develop deep skill.
>>
>>7688206
not exaclty correct
2 of the writers in the early seasons were harvard grad's in math
>>
Make lists of the work you need to have done, including homework. Start making a habit of eliminating tasks on your list every day.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.