[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sci/ I'm at university studying engineering but I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: life.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /sci/ I'm at university studying engineering but I feel kind of disheartened, because it wasn't what was expecting, and I'm thinking of transferring to a Physics course, because I really enjoy physics and math. How are Physics courses at university? My only desire is to do lt of physics and math with no bullshit Management and Business.
tl;dr I don't like engineering and would like to do Physics.
>>
There is no Business and Management in Physics degrees, there is also no Jobs at the end of it.
>>
>>7688020
I was worried about no jobs. How about Research?
>>
>>7688022
You'll need a PHD, publishing in multiple well regarded journals, good references, top grades, good networking and blind luck. I am somewhat regretting doing a Physics degree. If you think you can handle it give it a go but it's not fun
>>
>>7688022

Sorry, all postdoc positions are taken and you didn't publish the mandatory 20 papers per week.
>>
>>7688028
>>7688022
I should mention that it might change soon though since thankfully all the "sputnik" generation are dying so positions are finally opening up
>>
File: 1356668299222.jpg (659 KB, 988x3122) Image search: [Google]
1356668299222.jpg
659 KB, 988x3122
>>7688009
>because it wasn't what was expecting

What were you expecting and what did you get?
>>
>>7688034
i've got lots of shit like "Management of the Business Environement". i don't give a shit about management or business. i've got to do essays on owning a car dealership, what the fuck does that have to do with engineering?
i was expecting honest to god math and physics. that's it.
>>
>>7688009

The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible trem'e pipe to the differential girdlespring on the 'up' end of the grammeters.
>>
File: ET spectrum.gif (30 KB, 550x235) Image search: [Google]
ET spectrum.gif
30 KB, 550x235
>>7688045

Are you sure you're in an engineering program (Engineering Technology is NOT Engineering)? You didn't major in Industrial and/or Systems Engineering did you?
>>
>>7688049
im in Mechanical Engineering. didn't major yet.
>>
>>7688009
>engieneerig
>maths

Top kek
>>
>>7688020
Get a degree in physics then go to Law school and become a patent lawyer.

Physics undergrads have the highest acceptance rates into Law School and Medical School
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.