[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>aside from Bottom Basic Math, Science >i have YET to use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Not Rare.jpg (20 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Not Rare.jpg
20 KB, 400x388
>aside from Bottom Basic Math, Science
>i have YET to use ANYTHING taught in Elementary, Middle and High School in real life
>>
>>7687764
>real life
if your life is uninteresting and filled with repetitive activities which a monkey could do, that's your own fucking fault
>>
I just started learning how to code. When am I going to get to start using all of the cool math I've learned? So far I'm mostly just using algebra and arithmetic in the books exercises. I've had multi variable calculus, linear algebra, discrete math, intro to group theory, probability, and regression analysis
>>
>>7687764
You can read and write can't you dipshit?

Obviously you being so fucking retarded you can't even realize that, you probably were a shit student then and a shit person now.
>>
>>7687767
>>7687768
>>7687769
>graduating High School
>going to high school

>not learning how to survive in a Apocalypse situation
>not spending every moment training your mind and body, preparing it for the End times that are coming either next year or the year after

Whats the point of Education in the 21st century when its all going to crumble in nuclear hellfire soon?
>>
File: forgot_algebra.png (22 KB, 222x395) Image search: [Google]
forgot_algebra.png
22 KB, 222x395
>>7687764
>>
>>7687799
no schools teach music, cooking or Relevant Foreign languages
>>
>>7687799
>too stupid to realize when she's actually using algebra
>>
>>7687800
Australian schools do. I did Music in both primary school and high school. Complete waste of time. In high school we had a subject called Home Economics where you learned how to cook. Could have been a very useful unit if there was interest in teaching it. Many schools these days also offer one of or more of Mandarin, Indonesian, or German. The effectiveness of this depends upon the teacher.

In reality, only English, Science, and Maths are useful things to learn at school.
>>
File: 1435713847251.jpg (116 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1435713847251.jpg
116 KB, 331x319
>>7687810
>Australian
>>
English.
>>
>>7687768
Make a supercomputer to determine when humanity will fall
You'll be needing all the math you learnt
>>
>>7687783
It doesn't mean that because humanity will die sooner or later, we can give up on the present.
>>
>>7687800
every kid in NY gets home economics and shop(for basic tool use) in junior high, art and music every year till high school (and then pick one for at least two more years) ., the language options are not the best with manditory two years of french, spanish or german... imagine most blue states are similar at least for the east coast
>>
>>7687907
Heavily gendered languages are nonsense. Wish I'd been more motivated to spend my time learning Russian, instead I just dropped the classes.
>>
>>7687764
And you never will. I designed an entire aircraft and used calculus twice. Rest of the time it was all trig to draw the frame and charts and simulations to ascertain performance.
>>
What about history?
Doesn't that help you understand news articles, politics, terminology?
>>
I use calculus all the time OP
>>
>>7687810
You from Melbourne by any chance. Swear it's only Melbourne that teaches Indonesian
>>
High School isn't perfect. Right now we can't have individual care for every single student fitted to what carreer path they're likely to take.

Lots of your classmates will have gone on to college and needed the knowledge they received in mathematics, sciences or writing.

Furthermore, at least theoretcially, your HS diploma is still a proof that you're capable of learning and working, even on topics you aren't particularly interested in.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.