[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW DO I STUDY SCIENCE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: studying.jpg (50 KB, 650x320) Image search: [Google]
studying.jpg
50 KB, 650x320
>>
>>7687372
It really depends on the science.
>>
if /sci/ knew how they would have invented something and not jerking themselves on about their schools on a chinese forum
>>
>>7687372
i no rite?
>>
>>7687372
Idk man most people who make it in science seem to be to have something wrong with them.
>>
>>7687372
Learn to focus, ie, recognize when you achieve displeasing results in a long term sense. Forcefully correct the behavior.

Look what you're doing right now. You're avoiding. You went on some shithole like 4chan, which itself is an excuse and a distraction, to desperately try to find the special "way that'll work". But you know you won't find it here. Even if someone gave you advice, you wouldn't really take it. Because the problems come from inside and at least half has its roots in either apathy or resistance to the material. This is just more avoidance and distraction, pissing your time away hoping the day that it clicks.

It probably won't. Just get studying. Disconnect your internet etc for a few weeks if that's what it really takes. I nearly guarantee you it'll show you facets of your everyday life you forget how to see, and forgot existed. For the better.
>>
>>7687411
WHY THE FUCK DOES /SCI/ LIKE TO USE 'ie' SO FUCKING MUCH?

OH I KNOW WHY, BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO MAKE THEIR POINTS IN CONVOLUTED AND VAGUE TERMS BEFORE MAKING IT UNDERSTANDABLE TO ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH
>>
>>7687416
>CONVOLUTED AND VAGUE TERMS

"i.e." is a shorter way of saying "in other words"

There, now it's understandable to you too.
>>
>>7687416
When you're constructing statements in a more technical way, it easily becomes a habit to use shortened "bridge"-like statements that fluidly and clearly connect ideas. Eg, cases where the reader might have to process over superfluous fluff to get between statements, fluff that can be given no greater value. It's waste, and clutter. So it becomes much easier to just use latin abbreviations, because they're very functional and condensed logical operators. About as good as it gets, on par with eg "then" "than" "it".
>>
>>7687372
rewrite your notes ASAP
>>
>>7687372
Become autistic
>>
>>7687372

c
Save yourself some time and start at Chapter 7. Everything before that is teasing until he finally spills the beans. Dunno if I should warn you but it does get religious, whether you believe or not doesn't really matter; the study advice is excellent.

tl;dr version

>There are 11,518 words in this book. I always thought if a speaker couldn’t sum up his speech in one sentence of a few words, he was trying to teach me too much. If you remember nothing else from this book, remember these three words when you study: Teach Out Loud
>>
>>7687480
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxzdHJhaWdodGE0dnN1fGd4OjM1M2IwOGM4NjIyYmVhYw

whoops
>>
>>7687480
Thanks so much for your help
>>
>>7687482
Really interesting
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.