[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that all maths are based on axioms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: mfwmathfagsgetrekt.png (83 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mfwmathfagsgetrekt.png
83 KB, 480x360
thus math aren't any better than sociology.
>>
> implying maths exist outside of our conceptual realm
maths isnt even real
>>
>>7685060
>>
So your house and a castle are the same thing to you? They're both constructions right?
>>
Daily reminder that you have no clue what an axiom even is.
>>
>better
None of them is "better", what's that supposed to mean?

>proteins are needed to build muscle so proteins are better than carbs

To get back at your claim, axioms are the beginning of a formalized theory, but the "axiomatic phase" in math research is usually the last one - normal research is almost empirical trial and error and, in any case, mathematics papers are always non-rigorous when viewed through the lens of a logician or comp. scientists in automated theorem proving.
>>
>>7685115
>what's that supposed to mean

Better as in producing valid conclusions.

>To get back at your claim blah blah mathematics are empirical

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>7685063
>Anti-realist

Oh fuck off.
>>
>>7685060
>all maths are based on axioms
False.
>>
>>7685133
>Thanks for proving my point

What would that be? That you're a biased first-semester humanities major trolling those who have the ability to comprehend higher mathematics?
>>
>>7685180
>being so butthurt
You know you're just a parasite, right?
My job will help people, yours will just take space on a dusty arXiv server.
>>
>>7685196
>My job will help people
Yeah, they'll look at you and laugh. Your existence reminds them of how much lower than themselves someone can be. That'll help them a lot.
>>
>>7685196
>Stop pointing out that I suck at math!
>>
>>7685205
>>7685217
>implying I suck at math
>implying I'm doing some stupid burgerpeople degree
I'm a mechanical engineer, one semester from getting my masters.
>>
>>7685312
>Mechanical Engineer
>Math is just bullshit

The only people you'll be helping are the ones at the unemployment office, making sure their jobs are secure.
>>
>>7685312
>engineering student
>thinks he can talk about math
Go back to your plug'n'chug calculus classes, kiddo, and leave the real math to the mathematicians.
>>
>>7685340
So what kind of "real math" do you do?
>>
>>7685060

Math makes logical conclusions from its axioms. Sociology makes conclusions from politically-biased studies.
>>
>>7685357
pseudo-elliptic frobenoid cohomology on Barnett-type sub-stacks of semi-integrable A2-schemes
>>
>>7685357
Quadruple integrals. You won't understand if you're IQ is lower than 200.
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (22 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
22 KB, 306x306
>>7685370
>You won't understand if you're IQ is lower than 200.

Are you telling me there are <200 IQ tards on this board?
>pic
>>
>>7685060
>not calling them postulates
pleb detected
>>
>>7685370
>you're
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.