[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got a book from Peter Pflichta, who trys to explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: prim.jpg (11 KB, 206x320) Image search: [Google]
prim.jpg
11 KB, 206x320
I recently got a book from Peter Pflichta, who trys to explain the rules of physcis with math. He claims to have derived constants like c, h and G from number theoretical aspects of his model of spacetime. I don't know much about math and can neither comprehend his theory or put it off as coincidence. What does /sci/ think about this?
>>
Does your knowledge of math end before trigonometry or integrals? Or is the book like a textbook for a new perspective of very advanced physics?
>>
>>7684815
It does indeed end before integrals. I know some basic rules, but there's much to catch up for me. Geometry and such, he describes nuclei as some sort of spheric structure with imaginary and real parts representing charge in a 4d non-euclidean space.
>>
>>7684802

lambdoma
>>
>>7684802

>the 4 poles of infinity
>derive physical constants from number theory

The value of physical constants depend on the choice of units and are hence arbitrary. This is most likely esoteric crap.
>>
>>7684802
my dad gave me the book in your picture, I read a few chapters and some reviews on the internet, this is the same guy who claimed humans could be combusting silicon-based fuels instead of carbon-based fuels. He's a little bit of a meme / pseudoscientist.
>>
>>7686464
I agree with this guy, unless the dude is doing something like talking about ratios between different physical constants (in which case the units don't matter).
>>
That guy is full of shit.

Someone asked me to review the book for him and even I as an undergrad could easily see that he was so full of shit.

In his retarded prime number cross or whatever he claims to have found "lines" on which all the prime numbers lie. If you think about it for a second though realise he just states that there are no primes with certain residues modulo some arbitrary mod he chooses.

It gets worse from then on.
>>
>>7686628
is 1/137 special in any number theoretic way?
>>
Are there any books about math, physics or engineering in pdf/djvu in Norwegian?
>>
>>7686650
the fine structure constant isn't exactly 1/137 (and isn't that fundamental)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.