[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP I study physics in the first semester. I spent the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: 2+2=4.jpg (68 KB, 660x605) Image search: [Google]
2+2=4.jpg
68 KB, 660x605
HELP

I study physics in the first semester.

I spent the first 6 weeks of university doing almost nothing. I severly underestimated how hard it really is. Is there hope for me? I have already started studying but I feel like Ive passed the point of no return. Do you guys have any tips?
>>
The best advice I could give a first term physics student is to practice doodling.
>>
Which physics class will you be taking? Intro, physics 1, physics 1 w/calc, or what?
>>
>>7683951
analysis, linear algebra, physik 1 and something called rechenmethoden, I am studying in Germany
>>
>>7683944
You study hardcore and hope for the best you lazy piece of shit
>>
>>7683951
Intro to the Sciences Physics for Anthropology majors
>>
>>7683960
Analysis 1 is a joke, even a dumbass can pass that subject without learning. Only LA and physics 1 are really difficult and you most likely fucked up already. To which uni are you going?
>>
>>7683944
Dude it's your first semester. You have plenty of time to do anything. Just stop being a basic bitch, actually start putting work into learning course material, and generally learning the things you are supposed to learn.
>>
>>7683944
>Do you guys have any tips?

DONT skip lectures. just dont.
force yourself to attend. all of them.
also do the exercise sheets. all of them.

that's really all it takes.
>>
U should just quit and find a new major
>>
>>7683944
>Physics I
>Hard

AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7683944
don't drop out, anon. Seriously. Just try again next semester
>>
>>7684291
By the time I catch up I think the semester will be over and I have not achieved anything
>>
>>7684838
Well then learn what you can now and have an easier time when you retake the class.
>>
File: ac7.png (74 KB, 499x252) Image search: [Google]
ac7.png
74 KB, 499x252
>>7683944
Wow, just wow.
>>
>>7684291
I skip most lectures, read the book and do just fine.
>>
>>7684838
My friend I am a master at cramming, brute force remember all the equations (write them a million times), do a few practices questions and you're good to go.
>>
>>7683960
haha TU Braunschweig ftw
>>
>>7683960
Wenn du die ersten 6 Wochen garnichts gemacht hast kannst du eigentlich aufgeben.

Am Anfang baut alles aufeinander auf und wenn den Einstieg verpasst gute Nacht. Achja und normalerweise gibt es gewissen Mindestvorgaben für Credits/Prüfungen die du bestehn musst, also wirst du vermutlich am Ende des ersten Semesters zwangsexmatrikuliert.

Glückwunsch.
>>
Whether or not you've passed the point of return, the only way you'll find out is by starting now and then sitting the exam. If you fail, you were passed the point of return and you'll know to try harder next time, if you pass then you weren't passed the point of return, and simply stressed yourself out by leaving it too late.

So start now.

In terms of technique, different things work for different people. Find something that you can consistantly motivate yourself to do and that actually helps.

Personally, I don't read any of my notes. I will either read over the textbook (just once. it doesn't really help, just refreshes it in my mind.) and do a tonne of examples and past papers. Do all the past papers and you'll be able to do this paper.
>>
>>7686881
TU Darmstadt. fml.
>>7686888
Zwangsexmatrikuliert nach dem ersten Semester? Das ist doch nicht dein Ernst.

Ich habe mir vorgenommen mich auf Rechenmethoden für Physiker 1 und Lineare Algebra 1 zu konzentrieren, da Analysis 1 und Physik1 im Sommersemester angeboten wird. Was meinste dazu?
>>
>>7686921
I thought maybe I could concentrate on Linear Algebra and another course. And do the other 2 next semester. The problem is I cannot go to the exam if I do not have at least 40% of the exercises.
>>
>>7687385
Jetzt mach dir mal nicht in die Hosen, ernsthaft. Du hast nur 6 Wochen verpasst, was man locker über Weihnachten aufholen kann, wenn man nicht völlig behindert ist. Das ist einfach nur der typische Erstsemester-Schock, weil die Stoffmenge einen erstmal erschlägt, aber das legt sich wieder.

Kurz vor den Prüfungen wirst du merken, dass die Vorlesungen gar nicht so wichtig waren. Geh immer in die Übungen und lern vor den Prüfungen ordentlich (alle Aufgaben mehrmals durchrechnen, ein paar Altklausuren durchgehen), dann wirst du alles locker mit guten Noten bestehen.

Vor allem musst du ja nicht den bisherigen Stoff auswendig lernen oder jetzt schon anwenden können, schau einfach, dass du alles verstehst. Und mit dem Schieben brauchst du schon gar nicht anfangen im ersten Semester, das wirst du später bereuen.
>>
Op Idk I fucked up with physics on my first semester then I got my shit together and now I am almost done with the book....so idk... maybe.
I'm not even smart or anything so yeah....it's just that easy.
>>
>>7687974
>first half of my semester*
>>
very similar situation here, 8 weeks passed, first semester Physics.
I take programming (Fortran), Mechanics, Thermodynamics (all of them with labs, have projects in Fortran, and lab reports for Mechanics and Thermo, haven't done any of them yet, I'll do them in the winter break as I need them only near the end of the semester), Real Analysis and something called "Linear Algebra, Geometry and Differential Equations" (haven't touched diff eqs yet beyond the easy one in the Mechanics/Thermo courses). I find in very hard to study, (shitty schedule and dorm) had a midterm on linear algebra and I got 90% just by cramming in the days before the exam, will have another midterm on Analysis in 4 days, haven't studied yet, I think I will just look over Apostol's Mathemathical Analysis book and do some problems... someday. However I'm really behind on mechanics, we are discussing kepler's laws and what not, using way to advanced math.. I have 2 months to prepare for the exam, idk what I'll do.
So, yeah, man, Physics is hell, hope you'll make it. Just find some good books, sit down and study.
>>
>>7688021
I need two days of prep just for lab. Why does everything have to go at such a high speed? Thanks for the help and tips!

>>7687953
Es geht noch darum dass ich nicht zur Prüfung zugelassen werde falls ich nicht mindestens 40% der Übungen habe.... Ich glaube ich werde gezwungen, zu schieben. Danke für dein Mitgefühl!
>>
>get out of 4chan
>open the book
>study
>do exercises
>>
>>7688654
Hast du keine Lerngruppe?
Ich muss auch 50% der Übungspunkte bekommen um zugelassen zu werden, mir persönlich hilft es mit anderen die Aufgaben zu besprechen und falls ich es einfach nicht verstehe kann ich sie bitten es mir zu erklären.

tl;dr Organisier dir eine gute Lerngruppe
>>
>>7689196
Nein Ich mache alles alleine Zuhause. Ich bin einer dieser Loser mit Sozialphobie. Auf der FB Gruppe hat einer wegen Lerngruppe gefragt und hat seit anfang Oktober immer noch keine Antwort also dachte ich es wäre besser alles Alleine zu machen.
>>
>>7683960
Top lel you're from Er.?
>>
>>7685250
there are a few people on this board who aren't autistic
>>
>>7683944
>2 weeks later after advice
I spent the first 8 weeks of university doing almost nothing. I severly underestimated how hard it really is. Is there hope for me? .....
>>
>>7687385
Uni Stuttgart Herrenrasse hier,
an deiner Stelle würde ich auf keinen Fall Prüfungen schieben. Das reißt dir in den nächsten Semestern den Arsch auf. Bereite dich so gut wie möglich auf die Prüfungen vor und wenn du durchfällst kannst du sie in der Regel ja nachschreiben, andernfalls verlierst du den Anschluss und wirst über kurz oder lang exmatrikuliert. Habe selbst in den ersten Wochen (quasi bis jetzt) fast nichts gemacht, abgesehen von den Übungsblättern, die für den Erwerb des Prüfungsscheins unabdingbar sind, und nach etwas intensiverem anschauen bin ich voll drin. Es kann sein, dass es an euren Schwuchtelunis keine solchen Scheinkriterien gibt und jeder Bastard mit Down-Syndrom zur Prüfung zugelassen wird. Wenn du solche Übungsblätter nicht gemacht hast, sieht's für dich düster aus und die Vorlesungsfreie Zeit über Weihnachten kannst du schön pauken sonst kannst du es gleich lassen und Burger braten gehen.
>>
>>7689196
Du glaubst nicht ehrlich, dass diese Autisten-Schwuchtel sich eine Lerngruppe organisiert, oder?
>>
>>7690603
Wahrscheinlich hast du recht, was das angeht.
Bin einfach nur von meiner Erfahrung ausgegangen und hab nicht daran gedacht, dass ich mich auf 4chan befinde.
>>
File: uni_stuttgartlogoh.jpg (517 KB, 5906x1329) Image search: [Google]
uni_stuttgartlogoh.jpg
517 KB, 5906x1329
>>7690631
Bist du der TU Braunschweig oder TU Darmstadt Schwuchtel? Wie ist es so? TU Darmstadt hätte ich auch beinahe gewählt. Beide sind zwar TU9, dennoch Uni Stuttgart Herrenrasse unterlegen.
>>
>>7690665
Ich bin keiner von den beiden, ich studier am KIT.
Was studierst du denn in Stuttgart?
>>
>>7690671
Botanik und Egyptologie.
>>
>>7690671
Simulation Technology, und du?
Übrigens folgendes Ranking der TU9:
Uni Stuttgart > TUM = KIT = RWTH > TU Berlin > TU Darmstadt = TU Braunschweig > Uni Hannover > TU dresden
>>
>>7690685
Ich studier Informatik, ja ich weiß Codemonkey etc.
Laut Rankings stand das KIT bezüglich Informatik meist vor der Uni Stuttgart, wobei ich ohnehin eher skeptisch gegenüber den Rankings bin.
>>
>>7690681
Gibt es nicht mal an der Uni Stuttgart. FAIL
Weißt nicht mal, dass es Ägyptologie geschrieben wird. Plebejer!
>>
>physics thread
>half the people are speaking German
Lüstiger Krauts, ihre nie mich enttäusche.
>>
>>7690693
welches semester?
>>
>>7690727
Erst angefangen, kann mir also noch keine Meinung erlauben.
Bis jetzt hab ich sowieso mehr Mathevorlesungen als Informatikbezogene Vorlesungen.
>>
>>7690729
schon Logik gehabt?
>>
There's hope for you next semester.

Ribbing aside, you could probably get it done. How hard are you willing to work to pass? How hard does one have to work in life?
No one knows, which is why you need to work your hardest and take what comes.
>>
>>7687385
Sind das dieselben LinA und Ana Vorlesungen, die Mathematikstudenten hören?
>>
>>7690733
Bisher haben wir nur Aussagenlogik in Grundbegriffe der Informatik behandelt.
Ich glaube aber, dass wir demnächst mit Prädikatenlogik anfangen, das soll ja angeblich deutlich komplexer/schwerer sein.
Studierst du auch Informatik?
>>
>>7690742
Ne Mathe, bin aber nur neugierig was ihr so macht
>>
>>7690746
Laut unserem LA Prof ist die Vorlesung deckungsgleich mit der der Mathematiker.
Anstelle von Analysis haben wir aber Höhere Mathematik, inwiefern sich das unterscheidet weiß ich nicht genau, ist aber einfacher.
Welches Semester?
>>
>>7690754
3. Semester, habe mich auch am Anfang ein bisschen an Info versucht, aber war irgendwie nicht gemacht dafür
Ich vermute ihr werdet weniger beweisen in Höherer Mathematik und mehr rechnen
>>
>>7690754
Höhere Mathematik, Top kek. Nur Schwule und Zuchthäusler hören HM. Fast keine Beweise, wenig bis keine mathematische Strenge und man soll in HM2 manuell ableiten. Hab in nem Übungsraum ein HM2 Übungsblatt rumliegen sehen und es war ein Scherz.
>>
>>7690768
>Fast keine Beweise, wenig bis keine mathematische Strenge
wobei du das bei fast keiner Mathevorlesung für Naturwissenschaftler/Infomatiker etc. verlangen kannst
>>
>>7690771
Naja, bei uns haben z.B. die Physiker immerhin die Möglichkeit Ana und LA mit den Mathematikern zu hören; oder sie ziehen per HM den Schwanz ein.
>>
>>7690782
wo denn?
gibt es auch Informatiker die das Angebot wahrnehmen
>>
>>7690792
Ich bin der Typ der am KIT Info studiert und hier ist es möglich Lineare Algebra und Analysis komplett mit den Mathematikern zu hören.
Man bekommt auch mehr Punkte dafür, wieviele das machen ist schwer zu sagen, schätzungsweise 5-10%.
>>
>>7690792
Uni Stuttgart, KIT geht es glaube auch. Bezüglich Informatik: Ist laut Modulhandbuch für sie nicht möglich.
>>
>>7690771
>>7690768
>>7690760
>>7690754
Nice Arabic, where can I learn it?
>>
>>7683960
Not too late, just stop thinking, and just do it. I did the same thing on my first year, had the same classes. Forget the past, it's a distraction, don't think about the future, it's a distraction. Whenever you catch yourself thinking if you have the time to do it or thinking how you should have started earlier just sit down and start studying, and while studying think about nothing else. Even this thread which you created is keeping you form studying.
>>
>>7690802 #
Naja,es liegt doch ein Unterschied zwischen Beweisen und Rechnen, aber ich kenn den Stoff auch nicht
>>7690819 #
مشكلة؟
>>
>>7690736
Since the starting of this thread I have been studying my vitiligo dick off.

>>7690737
Lin.A für Physiker, Ana für beide.

>>7690828
Thats true I guess.
>>
>>7683944
>I spent the first 6 weeks of university doing almost nothing.
>6 weeks doing nothing
>6 weeks
>6

What the fuck were you even doing. That's a ridiculous amount of time to be fucking around. How did you survive your classes up until this point? Are you just barely passing.

I hope you catch up, and you might be able to if its just physics that you need to review.

Otherwise RIP
>>
You'd be surprised how much you can learn in 2 days of really trying, let alone 2 weeks.

You have more than enough time. If you're clueless, go to the notes. If you're not, problem sets.

Thats it mayne.
>>
Since I have adopted such a sunny outlook on my studies, is there anyone here who can explain the compton effect to me? I do not really get it.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.