[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /sci/ can anyone guide me how to plant this mass/energy balance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cementojpg_Page1.jpg (93 KB, 659x1016) Image search: [Google]
cementojpg_Page1.jpg
93 KB, 659x1016
Hi /sci/ can anyone guide me how to plant this mass/energy balance?
Or at least tell me what book it is? pls
this will be my energy balances last exam
help this nigga to finish the semester, thank you in advance
>>
>engineers literally take a stoichiometry class
>>
>>7682551
well, it doesnt looks easy as that
>>
bumperino
>>
>>7682562
>bumping on /sci/
Alright, I was considering helping you with your homework, even though it breaks the rules in the stick, simply because I'm a nice person, but now you can go fuck yourself with something with a rough texture and an odd shape.
>>
>>7682568
karma gonna fuck u faggot
>>
My Google-fu isn't giving me anything. Some more information would be nice.
>>
>>7682573
teacher just give us that shitty pdf
im searching as a crazy but i cant find anything :c
thank you for try help bro
>>
>>7682574
Have you asked him what the source is?
>>
>>7682582
nope, he just gave us and says thats the last exam, pass or fail lol
i dont think he wanna share the source but, im gonna ask other teachers
>>
>>7682587
Shitty professor. Make sure to ask your classmates. Somebody might have found the original textbook.
>>
>>7682590
sometimes i hate my professors, makes me feel im on a shitty university, but what you expect if you are on a public univ in mexico
oh well, much thank you anon for all your time c:
im gonna keep searching
>>
>>7682540

assume your basis of 100 lb feed, this gives you a (for example) mass out of Calcium in your element balance. That gives you the flow rate of your clinker. You know the feed ratio for the fuel oil so now you have the flow rates for 3/5 of your streams. Write out the rest of the element balances to finish your material balance.
>>
>>7682551
Yes, IN ADDITION to the normal chemistry classes you take.

The class is not about obtaining knowledge or your regular childish egotism, it's about practicing creative problem solving and logic skills. It's the same reason 1st year circuits is still offered.

It's mostly to fail exambabby retards who belong in memorization intense, IQ light programmes like pure chem.
>>
>>7682540
Start by drawing the process flow diagram, in the elemental mass balance note the the flue gas analysis is given in volumetric fractions not mass based so convert them back first.

It's also important that the ash analysis of the fuel oil is on a mass basis and the oxygen used to burn the fuel is not a part of the original hydrocarbon even though the combustion is incomplete, you essentially have a shoddy analysis so the degrees of freedom from the combustion analysis by itself will not be satisfied. However, you do have the HHV so this isn't exceedingly important as long as you pick your reference as fuel oil at 165F = zero energy.

Energy balances on the process side (cement/clay) should be obvious change in compound enthalpies+formations and added energy from burned fuel, not going to discuss that data hunt just get Perrry.

Start with the PFD then draw up the process side and fuel mass+energy balances. Then check find your degrees of freedom. I'll tell you what balances you are missing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.