[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are more mathematical fields generally better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Sci2004_1.png (446 KB, 1773x1589) Image search: [Google]
Sci2004_1.png
446 KB, 1773x1589
Are more mathematical fields generally better?
>>
>>7680873
The agriculture dot should be connected to the chemistry dot
>>
>>7680873
>cs citing math
but you don't need math to make games wtf
>>
>>7681108
Lmao what?
>>
>Physics isn't even connected to medicine
What is the field of medical physics
>>
I'd have thought the CS link to all the medical fields would be stronger. I mean medical imaging is pretty much a CS subfield and all those biology simulations
>>
>>7681119
what is the field of medical physics ? You mean engineering treatments and devices ?
>>
>>7681108

how?
>>
>>7680873
Source sempai
>>
>Operations research not connected to probability and statistics

All that six sigma stuff and nearly everything in OR that isn't optimization is probability or stats related.
>>
>>7681144
No, there's actually a field of physics devoted to medicine. It's just not talked about very often.
>>
>>7681108
Kek, you clearly don't know much about CS or making games
>>
>>7681108

You do realize that Math cites CS just as much as CS cites math according to that, right?

There's a lot of fields in both that have a lot of overlap, ie graph theory related things.

Plus even if you're not trolling you do need knowledge of linear algebra at the very least to make 3D games.
>>
>>7681171
Found it on /his/
>>
>>7681108
>>7681114
>>7681146
>>7681225
>>7681344
you guys realize that he was being sarcastic, right?
>not knowing this archaic meme
>>
>>7681980
you honestly don't need to know any math above algebra to make a game
take a look at shit like undertale, I bet I could teach a class of 15 year old kids to make a game better than it in a month or so and it still made toby fox a millionaire
>>
>>7681144
>>7681195
What this guy said. I was just answering it like a jeopardy question.
>>
>>7681344
the following are not real math:

graph theory
formal language theory/computability (beyond knowing solvability of free constructions, decidability, essentially being a field of giant fucking lemmas)
probability
elementary combinatorics
>>
>>7681119
Fucking nuclear medicine lol
>>
>>7682383
>the following are not real math
whatever you say honey
>>
>>7682479
deep down you know that graph theory, drained of anything you could gain better more general understand of through topology and algebraic topology, is just a combinatorial curiosity
>>
>>7682468
read
>>7682134

Do you think I'm retarded. I brought up the fact the two aren't linked in the chart, of course I know they are.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.