[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Delta V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 813x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 813x494
Anyone know a fast way to calculate Δv?
>>
>>7680660
I like to measure v at one point, then another, and then find the difference of the two using subtraction.
>>
>>7680668
>point
>difference
>substraction

Please could you stop using so many complex mathematic buzzwords? I asked for a simple explanation!
>>
>>7680668
Depends on the metric.
>>
v2 - v1
>>
>>7680660
I get a slow motion capture camera and record the object. Then I observe how far the object travels at a instant, for a certain duration of time. Then I take the ratio of how far the object has traveled with regards to how much time has elapsed over a very short interval.

Or I just man the fuck up and learn rudimentary calculus.
>>
>>7680924
>I get a slow motion capture camera and record the object. Then I observe how far the object travels at a instant, for a certain duration of time. Then I take the ratio of how far the object has traveled with regards to how much time has elapsed over a very short interval.

Stupid Physicists/Engineers, always approximating.
>>
>>7680660

Wow that's a high res image of Executioner Smough.
>>
>>7681008
>What? I didn’t chug any DB!
>>
OP, take your 8th grade physics homework elsewhere.
>>
use a calculator
>>
>>7680660

residue theorem.
>>
>>7680660
subtract the initial velocity from the final one...
>>
>>7680660

Vf-Vi

Where f is final and i is initial, and only considering if your system is path independent.
>>
dv /dx
>>
In what context? Delta V just means change in velocity, it's just a quantity and how you calculate it depends on what you're given. If you're given two velocities, it's final velocity - initial velocity. If you're given an acceleration and a time, just multiply them together. And so on.
>>
Acceleration * Burn Time.

Assuming you throttle for constant acceleration.
>>
You all got trolled, it's a capital V,
the OP wants to calculate potential!

I suggest UNI-T UT58A/B/C digital multimeter;
in the range of 2V - 200V the accuracy of its measurements is +-(0.8%+3dig),
when measuring AC voltage, with resolutions of 1-100mV.
>>
>>7680913
delta v is mathematically defined as v_2 - v_1. there isn't enough additional information to otherwise bring up metrics.
>>
File: tsiolkovsky.png (793 B, 179x60) Image search: [Google]
tsiolkovsky.png
793 B, 179x60
Lrn2tsiolkovsky
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.