[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the prevailing theories on why the big bang occured?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: bigbang.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bigbang.jpg
633 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Genesis in Modern English.png (345 KB, 443x1347) Image search: [Google]
Genesis in Modern English.png
345 KB, 443x1347
>>7680077

We don't need theories when we have facts
>>
>>7680093
I would never have beleived something like this could exist. More?
>>
>>7680077
Believing in the big bang is no different than believing in god, the theory even comes from the catholic church trying to rationalize god. It probably didn't happen and we don't really know what did.
>>
>>7680093
I know the second equation is gen. rel but what's the first one?
>>
>>7680077

My fav theory, as unlikely as it is, is that Big Bang is what happens at the other end of a black hole (aka a 'white hole').
>>
>>7680093
>implying the whole standard model just describes light
cringeworthy
>god called the light "Energy" and the darkness "matter"
I can't even begin to explain how wrong that is
>aether
>the curvature IS space
whoever made this, did so for the sole purpose of annoying physicists

I can't handle this
>>
File: monkey_in_suit.jpg (15 KB, 232x320) Image search: [Google]
monkey_in_suit.jpg
15 KB, 232x320
>>7680107
>>
>>7680139
I like how God made space a day later than he made time.
>>
>>7680093
This creation is beautiful and you know it.
>>
>>7680093
>aether

The meme that just won't die.
>>
>>7680133
[math] \mathcal { L } _ { sm } [/math] = Lagrangian of the standard model.
>>
>>7680077
Heisenberg
[Br]eaking [Ti]mespace

http://youtu.be/zO2vfYNaIbk?t=50s
>>
>>7680093
>We don't need theories when we breathe aether
FTFY
>>
>>7680147
it's a good meme m8.
>>
Who cares? The universe already existed prior to the big bang. The big bang was just another event on a timeline that is infinite.
>>
>>7680276
>this is what idiots believe
>>
File: just-the-beginning.jpg (86 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
just-the-beginning.jpg
86 KB, 500x424
>>7680156
Intersting video. Thanks for that :)

But even if we find something that caused the Big Bang (like some quantum fluctuation) we can always just ask the question again:

>but what caused quantum flux?
some extradimensional string wobble.
>but what was before strings?
God.
>but what-...

So if we want to get anywhere we should be asking something more like
"How can something exist without anything before it?"

Maybe there can be some things that don't really need a beginning or have always existed.
Perhaps higher dimensional strings have just always existed or maybe it's just meaningless to ask 'what is the cause of these quantum effects?'.

It's easy to start to imagine a vast emptiness where big explosion happened and think 'why didn't it happen sooner?' but perhaps time just didn't exist before that. It's mindblowing.

Another intersting option would be that something could create itself. This could possibly hint to a time traveling but that can have some problems of its own.

Anyway intersting thread for a change. And these are just few things I've heard around and thought were interesting. I have no idea if these make any sense or not with real mathematics and theories.

Feel free to ask more and comment.
>>
File: 1446533855691.jpg (5 KB, 251x236) Image search: [Google]
1446533855691.jpg
5 KB, 251x236
>>7680093
>that Langragian
Particle physicists are crazy.
>>
>>7680748
that's just the standard model.

>why?
stupid pop sci shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.