[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RECURSION PROBLEMS GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1446703337670.jpg (535 KB, 2033x1559) Image search: [Google]
1446703337670.jpg
535 KB, 2033x1559
Does evolution serve any evolutionary purpose?

pic not related
>>
Frozen throne > Reign of Chaos.
Arthas best protag and villain.
If you disagree you are a faggot.
>>
>>7679911
I don't see how that's relevant.
>>
yes, becase the purpose of evolutoin is survival and evolution would not be possile in a static organism. enviornments change, and so the organism needs ot be able to changed with the anviornemnt. thus evolition serves an eviloutionary purpose
>>
>>7679908
ur mum so slutty she a selective pressure for stamina in men
>>
>>7680869
Evolution has no purpose.
>>
>>7681079
Yes.
>>
Saying evolution has a purpose is like saying gravity has a purpose. It just happens.
>>
>>7679908

Wait what the fuck, how is this possible? It looks realer than real life.
>>
>>7679908
>>7679908
To have a purpose you must have a goal that you orient yourself towards achieving.
Evolution isn't aware, it's just this really cool mechanism that shapes itself after the circumstances it's placed in.

We can ofcourse look at it and recognize that it must survive in order to presist and can assign purpose to that.
But that's on us. Evolution doesn't need a purpose to evolve any more than the sun needs a purpose to shine.
>>
>>7681098
It's called a M-O-V-I-E
>>
File: vortex_in_vortex_out.gif (36 KB, 398x376) Image search: [Google]
vortex_in_vortex_out.gif
36 KB, 398x376
>>7679908

evolution has the purpose of unifiying but thats just my opinion
>>
>>7679908
A warrior race having such long strands of hair for enemies to grab onto serves no evolutionary purpose, neither do those retarded fucking teeth.
>>
>>7679908
>Is evolution important to evolution?

>Does evolution require evolution to work?
>>
>>7681140
>neither do those retarded fucking teeth.

That's what you think until you've seen orchs kissing. They frequently end up going past the third base just to spare themselves the embarrassment of having to acknowledge they've gotten hooked on each other.
>>
File: ouroboros.gif (98 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros.gif
98 KB, 500x534
>>7681098
wake up anon
nothing is real
>>
>>7681079
/thread
>>
>>7679908
You can ask "what purpose does x serve within system y". If you constantly ask "why does system y exist" so as to reach "why does anything exist", you will not find an answer.
>>
>>7679908
>Does evolution serve any evolutionary purpose?
>evolution
>evolutionary purpose

what is your question ?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.