[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between taking Adderall to help your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: Neilsen_original.jpg (116 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Neilsen_original.jpg
116 KB, 640x360
What's the difference between taking Adderall to help your studies and smoking crystal meth? Why one is completely okay and respectable but another makes me a weirdo?
>>
Because one is productive for society and the other is destructive. Some traditionalist mores can be hard to understand, but this one? Gimme a break.
>>
>>7676556
How is one "destructive" when it's literally the same substance?
>>
>>7676561

Because one is to get you high. When has someone high on crystal meth contributed to society?

It's like how painkillers can be abused. In their time-released pill form, they help people deal with pain. If you crush it up, and snort it, then you just are trying to get high.
>>
>>7676561
The active ingredients are not the same as a quick Google search shows. They are both stimulants but one is a drug that suggest you acquired legally from a psychiatrist who is carefully monitoring you while telling you how much to take which the other is an impure party drug you illegally acquired that has many more nasty side effects and is again most likely impure.
>>
Methyl group on methamphetamine makes the drug last longer and hit the brain alarmingly faster than adderrall. It also causes a number of other health issues associated with being cooked by a mexican or redneck instead of a team of properly trained and educated scientists, researchers, engineers and production crews (at the factory).

But other than that, not much
>>
>>7676597
this
>>7676551
you might want to try other study aids, amphetamines are notorious for their addictive potential, withdrawal symptoms, damaging cardiovascular effects and neurotoxicity
modafinil is generally regarded as safe and effective, it will help you with your studies, but it won't make you 'high' if that's what you're interested in.
there are other options out there as well, even thinks like methylphenidate are less damaging than amphetamines
>>
>>7676622
Adderrall is also tough for people who are prone to suffer insomnia.

In my experience, its great for a last minute 8 hour study session before finals, but the sleep deprivation takes a toll if its more than one night.
>>
>>7676551
You freebase gigantic doses of crystal meth that has probably been cut with something whereas adderall is administered (via pill or patch) in much smaller controlled doses that were produced in a regulated laboratory environment.

I read once about a type of pill that only released a certain amount of the drug (via osmosis) into your system at a time by reaching some equilibrium state. This way your stomach would have a consistently low concentration of the drug for a length of time. This was years ago though so it's possible I could be mis-remembering. The idea blew my mind but I'm not sure how it was supposed to work.
>>
>>7676551
What are you talking about? Completely okay and respectable? Both make you a fucking loser.
>>
>>7676690
Agreed 100% my good sir! These junkie degenerate swine need to get the FUCK off my board. /sci/ is a safe place for us xXStraightEdgersXx to discuss pure and rational scientific topics without the human detritus that are drug users and their filthy chemicals polluting the pure and noble aspect of our board. If I were king I would have them all shot.
>>
>>7676561
>literally the same substance
what's it like being an idiot
>>
Because adderall is attributed towards white adolescents and prescribed under a flimsy diagnosis.
>>
>>7676702
>gets called out for being a stupid junkie
>spergs out

proving my point here lad
>>
>>7676710
Please, I am 100% StraightxEdge for life. I won't even drink alcohol when I turn 21. OP is the junkie here.
>>
>>7676714
are you ok? what the fuck is StraightEdge?
>>
>>7676718
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

A life free from degeneracy. I myself am also raw vegan, catholic, antifa and antivac.
>>
>>7676718
>what the fuck is StraightEdge?
no substance abuse (including caffeine) and no casual sex. i think fapping's allowed
>>
>>7676728
>not allowed
That means there's a dogma, therefore it's pure bullshit.
>>
>>7676732
>Murder isn't allowed, that means there's a dogma, therefore it's pure bullshit
>Stealing isn't allowed, that means there's a dogma, therefore it's pure bullshit
>Cheating isn't allowed, that means there's a dogma, therefore it's pure bullshit

yeah, no. fucking degenerate.

it looks cringy as fuck but aside from that it's cool to see a traditionally fucked up subculture trying not to be fuckups
>>
there is legal meth. its trade name is desoxyn. its given to narcoleptics.

ive smoked meth and taken adderal to study. meth, by far, kicks the shit out of any stimulant when it comes to attaining hyper focused attention. its also highly euphoric unlike typical pharma stimulants. you feel like an indestructable god. orgasms are balls to the wall flying at lightspeed and expanding to all points of the universe. i pass self paced algebra, geometry and trig in one semester. took 3 weeks to pass each one with an A. lol. the bad side is that it detroys you and turns you into a fiend, as in you want to be on it everyday. feels bad man. if it didnt that life destructing side effect, id still be smoking it. it was a real fun ride.
>>
>>7676720
>Catholic

20/10 i'm surprised the board hasn't exploded yet
>>
>>7676720
I know I should not take the bait but Social justice fags just trigger me and how can you be one /sci/ and be antivac?
>>
>>7676551
Both are fucking retarded only autistic kids use.
You just need 30 minutes of exercise to be able to code like you were high.
>>
>>7676743
>Needing an ideology to dictate to you that murder is bad, that stealing is bad

These should be no brainers and you shouldn't need something like "being straightedge" to tell you that fucking murder is bad, you stupid degenerate shit.

And comparing those acts to caffeine usage makes you crazy to boot.

Is there any difference between this shit and your typical religion?
>>
>>7676551
>Why one is completely okay and respectable

I'm going to stop you right there. None of your friends or professors will think you're respectable because you need speed to focus.
>>
>>7676951
>These should be no brainers
i dont think you understand what an ideology even is. "these should be no brainers" is an ideology
>>
>>7676561
As someone who smoked ice for 6 months and now takes adderall regularly for school, you are a fucking moron.
>>
>>7676561
It's a completely different substance. They're two stimulants in the amphetamine class. They're hardly similar. Would you drink isopropyl alcohol to have a good time? How about some methanol? Why not take a Bengal tiger into your home, since it's identical to a house cat?
>>
>>7677279
>Why not take a Bengal tiger into your home, since it's identical to a house cat?
I always knew... Thanks anon!
>>
>>7676583

Actually I took crystal meth once and cleaned and entire park full of litter.

Not saying meth is good or anything but I wouldn't have cleaned that park up otherwise.
>>
>>7676551
Surely not because one is a medical drug used with prescription in small doses?
>>
>>7676720
>Antifa
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>medicine is drugs too
>if medicine is ok, so must all other drugs

don't go down that road, op.
>>
>>7676551
One is a weak prescription med. The other is one of the worst drugs you could possibly put in your body. Google methhead mugshots
>>
>>7676551
hey retard, you should have started the thread with desoxyn not adderall, b/c the former is actually prescription methamphetamine.
>>
>>7677385
don't call me Shirley
>>
>>7676583
Not supporting this bait thread at all, but a lot of the time Meth users, especially in south eastern Asian countries, will use Meth specifically for the purpose to stay up and work, and thus contribute to society.

But then again prostitutes will also use it for the exact same reason.
>>
>>7676583
>When has someone high on crystal meth contributed to society?
The Battle of Britain
>>
>>7676551
Both make you a degenerate

>>>/420chan/
>>
>>7676551
Just got some 30mg pills, cant wait
>>
File: 1419023467262.jpg (208 KB, 530x424) Image search: [Google]
1419023467262.jpg
208 KB, 530x424
>>7676551
>taking neurotoxic substances on a long-term basis

go for it, retard
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.