[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't really understand fractals, but then I did shrooms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 172325main_pia09188-516.jpg (48 KB, 516x449) Image search: [Google]
172325main_pia09188-516.jpg
48 KB, 516x449
I didn't really understand fractals, but then I did shrooms and now I'm the iron chef and crunching fractals.

Why aren't more math professors recommending this?

Also hexagram on saturn because shrooms
>>
>>7674242
What special insight do you think you gained?
>>
You're not any more knowledgable than you were before. You're deluded.
>>
>>7674250

Well now I can do all the questions in the textbook as if it's second nature without having to refer to my notes.
>>
>>7674258
Yes but what factor of doing shrooms do you believe contributed to it? Did you see fractals? Did you see something strange about circles or the geometry of the universe?
>>
>>7674242
>now I'm the iron chef and crunching fractals.
you fucking wot m8

shrooms suck ass, last time I did shrooms all I got was distorted vision and paranoia feelings
>>
File: 1440400455570.jpg (164 KB, 759x658) Image search: [Google]
1440400455570.jpg
164 KB, 759x658
>>7674259

>Do I see fractals

I dunno give me an equation

>Did you see something strange about circles or the geometry of the universe?

No I just see how it all works. As above so below to create the one
>>
nice

I intend to try shrooms soon
>>
>>7674242

I got your superbad reference bro.

I got it
>>
>>7674263
What's the Hausdorf dimension of the Cantor set?
Please tell me how your experience taking shrooms helped you to solve this problem.
>>
>>7674262
>shrooms suck ass, last time I did shrooms all I got was distorted vision and paranoia feelings
That's not enough to conclude they "suck ass", you're and idiot and shouldn't touch psychedelics.
>>
File: Order7Julia.gif (49 KB, 288x239) Image search: [Google]
Order7Julia.gif
49 KB, 288x239
>>7674242
Please tell us some specific examples of results in fractal geometry and complex dynamics that you would say you understood intuitively due to your experience.
I know a psychedelic experience can do wonders to mathematical insight when there is a strong enough basis, but you can't really derive intuitive understanding to a branch of mathematics out of nothing. So I take it that you had priorly exposed yourself to these subjects in the formal manner.
>>
>>7674262
It would've been, could've been, worse than you would ever know.
>>
>>7674242
so what is the mathematics behind fractals? I've looked at wiki pages about things like the mandlebrot set but that's about as far as I've looked into it.
>>
>>7675585
>op not replying
>>
>>7674242
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ? HOW IS HEXAGON FORMED ON A FUCKING PLANET ??? THIS CANT BE NATURAL
>>
I'm waiting for your reply, OP, please tell us the specifics.
>>
>>7674242

Deliver, you have at least two specific questions. Deliver or admit you're a useless dumb junkie like every other who comes here, faggot
>>
File: LrpEfkq.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
LrpEfkq.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>>7675585
>>7676539
>>7677213
>>7677209
>>7676538

just google mandelbrot and lambdoma you uneducated fucks
>>
File: 1448315628913.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448315628913.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>>7677294
I could not help but notice your gif was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your gif.
Your gif is now optimized.
>>
>>7677324

Thanks but I like my version better
>>
>>7677213
>Mushrooms
>Junkie

This is why people don't recommend it, OP, People can't tell the difference between Tryptamines and harmful, addictive drugs.
>>
>>7674262
You didn't do enough shrooms. The psychedelic experience can't do it's thing if you only dip your toes in the water.
>>
>>7675585
Pic looks like the waves I would see on lsd but i don't recall either the mandelbrot or julia set containing waves like that.
>>
Back to /x/ with you, OP.
>>
>>7677324
Is this a bot?
>>
>>7677574
>That feel when you did 6 grams of Golden Mammoth and it changed your life

The kind of insight you feel in those moments is godly, your mind is never the same after that shit.
>>
>>7677708
That's not a fully iterated Julia. The "waves" are called external rays.
I agree about the similarity, that's why I really like that pic. There are some unbelievable similarities between renders of objects in complex dynamics and the visuals caused by psychedelics. It's like the brain uses its own kind of complex plane for visual processing and even more amazingly, not only for that but for the whole sensorium. YOU as a complete entity can be what's getting mangled by iterated transformations on a plane. So it's not only seeing the geometry but being the geometry.
>>
>>7678675
Why isn't /sci/ all over psychedelics when they could experience something like this?
Of course the average idiot won't benefit from the mathematical aspect of the psychedelic experience other than enjoying it but people with a strong basis will surely come out of the experience with strengthened knowledge/intuition. Not miracles, but something very worthwhile.
>>
Tfw you have p. Tampanensis sclerotia waiting for you after finals.

:<)
>>
>>7679026
>Why isn't /sci/ all over psychedelics when they could experience something like this?
Can someone please give an analysis of /sci/ around this subject? Is it the lack of knowledge about psychedelics?
>>
>>7678051

At second thought it might even be a regular /sci/ user without a life
>>
>>7674251
This. Maths is about ordering the mess you have in your head instead of introducing something new.

In any case, where did you get shrooms, OP? Have you collected them yourself, are you living in a country where they are sold legally, are you growing them?
>>
>>7679694
I've only ever tried shrooms once and it was an amazing experience. I had the pleasure of trying them in a group where it was all our 1st time (except one guy who got us to do it in the first place). I had some of the best conversations I've ever had walking down a nearby levee in the fog with 2 physics majors, a geology major, and a computer science major. We talked about everything from philosophy to math to physics to astrophysics to fractals and back to philosophy and how everything in life is cyclical.

Damn I miss those guys. I need to do shrooms again. It really is eye opening. Boil them into tea if you can, they taste like shit otherwise
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.