[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any known substances that remove or suppress emotions,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1224573855412.jpg (49 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
1224573855412.jpg
49 KB, 445x600
Are there any known substances that remove or suppress emotions, specifically empathy?
>>
>>7670734
Amphetamines perhaps.
>>
Your looking for something which silences the amygdala. Cocaine seems to do it for me and most stims do it somewhat, FAAH inhibitors were tested on mice, but are pretty gay for people. Androgens also work in mysterious ways and make some people more psychopathic.
TLDR cardiac arrest
>>
Lenardo
>>
Jihadists use captagon
>>
Try smokin cigs and fucking sluts
>>
>remove empathy
Replace your Y chromosome by a second X chromosome.
>>
>>7670874
This
XX confirmed.
>>
>>7670734
Code editors.
>>
File: 1410390086226.jpg (27 KB, 372x342) Image search: [Google]
1410390086226.jpg
27 KB, 372x342
why would you want to suppress empathy?
planning to harm people or something?
>>
just study humans, then youll realize theyre not some great species. just a bunch of selfish shills that will walk over you if they are given the chance or if it means theyllget more money. youll realize that theyre less then ants and one dying or getting killed is nothing big.
>>
>>7670734
It's possible to do this from a strictly psychologically. If you need pharmacological assistance you deserve your misery.

It's a much better approach to learn to intelligently use empathy when you need it. And also to realize empathy tells you more about yourself than it ever will another human being.

Either way, you probably won't get what you want. I don't feel and it feels great, eh? Doesn't last.
>>
>>7670921
No, from a purely logical place I want to do what I can to keep people happy.

When emotions come into it that becomes a lot harder.
>>
>>7670734
Quetiapine
>>
Bisoprolol
>>
>>7670734

4chan
>>
>>7670874
Pretty much.
Women are monsters.
>>
>>7671649
Where is the logical drive to keep others happy?

Is that really more a more beneficial way to spend your time, finding and then utilizing a way to suppress emotions rather than simply investing your time elsewhere?

What emotions are you specifically trying to suppress? If it's contempt then the concept of AIs killing all humans would suggest that lacking emotions wouldn't make you want to help people.

Or is it indulgence? Maybe try focusing on eliminating just that as opposed to all your emotions?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.