[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does being a good scientist mean, giving up everything else?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Teslathinker.jpg (1 MB, 1206x1554) Image search: [Google]
Teslathinker.jpg
1 MB, 1206x1554
Does being a good scientist mean, giving up everything else?
>>
Einstein smoked pipes, so no.
>>
>>7670441
>>
>>7670441
You don't need to sacrifice your humanity to become a good scientist, OP. You just need a lot of heart, dedication, and focus.
>>
Follow the biographies of the best scientists/pioneers of academic fields to discover that by and large they devoted their entire lives to their work. You can have a decent life and be a decent professor. But if you want to be like the man in the photo, you will need to give up everything else in order to compete.
>>
>>7670441
>that hand
wtf?
>>
>>7672136
Said no scientist ever
>>
>>7670441
No. It requires having almost nothing.
>>
>>7670441
>scientist mean,
>mean,
>,

Why did you do that?
>>
What you don't have now is what makes all the difference

These pioneers didn't "give up" anything. The thrill of discovery was their livelihood
>>
I am a scientist, so is Dwane. We both wear shoes!
>>
>>7672174
Einstein was well read, could play violin and cheated on his wife...
>>
>>7672192
commas also indicate pauses in speech
>>
>>7672196
>The thrill of discovery was their livelihood
Too true. Because you hardly earn much and job security is the pits. My salary now is about double of what I had as a researcher. I still haven't gotten used to having disposable income.
>>
>>7670441
No,not 'good'. But being a GREAT anything does.
>>
>>7670441
stop comparing yourself to geniuses from the past.

you will never be able to accomplish what they did, simply because times have changed.
>>
File: CLOUD_WIZARD.jpg (105 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
CLOUD_WIZARD.jpg
105 KB, 618x416
>>
>>7670441
I think so bro. Everything else would just be a distraction really ........idk man
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.